THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Best place in RSA for warthog, bushpig and bushbuck

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best place in RSA for warthog, bushpig and bushbuck
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Where would be the best place in RSA to get these three trophies in one area? Specifically could you reccomend an outfitter that could give you a good chance of collecting all three on a plains game hunt?

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
While there are probably a lot of places to go, I have seen all in good quantity/quality in Zululand.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
I'll second that.

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
East Cape could also work. They have excellent bushpig, great Cape bushbuck and fair warthogs from what I experienced.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
Up in the Northern Province you will find the Limpopo Bushbuck.The warthogs are good.I have yet to get my Bushpig,but what I've seen are very nice.Here is the male warthog I shot last June.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Nice Warthog! Those are some serious fighting tusks on him. beer

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
sofa I wonder if warthogs will cross breed with feral hogs. bewildered They sure could add to the ferals tushes. thumb

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Nah! Feral hog, like the genuine wild variety are genus Sus. Warthog are Phachochoerus. Even if you were to artificially cross them the offspring would nearly guaranteed to be sterile, assuming the embryos grew to term. Nice try, though. Big Grin

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe they would be like a mule (sterile), except instead of extra long ears, they would have extra long tusks. Eeker Both top and bottom.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RSA Northern Provinces have what your after on every count, check my web page if you want to see a warthog, and Hannes Swanapol at Big 5 Safaris has gotten his clients a number of such warthogs as this one....this one is 17.something almost 18 and look at the mass...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote