THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    NEW QUAKE! GET OFF THE COAST! INDONESIA! 8.2!!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW QUAKE! GET OFF THE COAST! INDONESIA! 8.2!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted
No ca-ca. I realize most of you won't see this until after the damage is over, but for those of you international types who might actually see this in time to make a difference (haul a**, call someone affected, or whatever)... this is a "no-s**t" alert I just got in from CNN.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,151703,00.html

December 26th's was 9.0; this one is 8.2; Japan measured it at 8.5.

Russ

The doing of unpleasant deeds calls for people of an unpleasant nature.

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Russ,
The BBC is also carrying the story:
Earthquake
Its seems the alert has got out this time but has caused wide spread panic as we sitting here can only imagine.

I haven't seen any actual reports of a tsunami yet and it it would appear that the original quake was a least a few hours ago...also although a 8.2 quake is very large/dangerous, I think its actually half the power of a 9...so lets pray that don't see a repeat of the original tsunami...

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pete E:
...also although a 8.2 quake is very large/dangerous, I think its actually half the power of a 9.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooh... one of those EXPONENTIAL things! Okay. I thought it was only 8/10ths "away" from what happened 26 Dec 04.

Russ

The doing of unpleasant deeds calls for people of an unpleasant nature.

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote