New
Find
Notify
Tools

Misc Zim News
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got back this morning. About a week early. I feel like hell and will file a report later. I will say that it involves a rather large buffalo.

I heard some interesting news while I was there.

1-An 8'2", 212 pound leopard was taken using dogs near Bulawayo. I know someone who has a picture. I am trying to get a copy.

2- A 49"+ buffalo was taken on Hippo Valley.

3- 10 elephant were poached in the Gonarezhou using a helicopter. There is speculation that it may be certain people from the south.

Posts: 12019 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

1-An 8'2", 212 pound leopard was taken using dogs near Bulawayo. I know someone who has a picture. I am trying to get a copy.

Wowww....Are you sure they did not unzip the coat and find a lioness in side???? Wink

Man that must be a world record.....

I was speaking to a guy (he posts on AR) earlier in the week who shot a leopard that went 8 feet & had allegedly killed 3 people in the village.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
quote:
I heard some interesting news while I was there.

Was it taken with Norman Crooks of Pro Safaris??

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No. If I recall correctly the PH was Mark Butcher. Didn't hear the company name.

Posts: 12019 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
quote:

Wowww....Are you sure they did not unzip the coat and find a lioness in side???? Wink

Hmmmm............

Coincidence.....I think not!!! Big Grin

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
quote:

Hmmmm............

Coincidence.....I think not!!! Big Grin

Brett

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't be. Shorter than 8'2" and way more than 212!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry I am dying to know about a 49" buff at Hippo Valley. I know I saw some mid 40 buffs there but that is insane.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would she be considered a cougar?

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
NICE EARRINGS !!!!

Posts: 503 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hutty:

I have no further information personally.

I will e mail the person that told me and inquire about details.

One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
It was a superb cat 8,2 and 208pounds. the cat is a sod and all the hunt was filmed. The Ph was Mark Bucher. I am not allowed to reveal the client but he drank some spanish wine I left him 2 weeks before his arrival on my safari. He is an excellent guy and the cat is like a f....ing lioness. Can´t post the photos without permission of Mr. .... He also hunted a 70 pounder, a 55 pounder and another tomcat of 160 pounds.

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote