THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Back in Bulawayo...after 3 weeks in the bush

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back in Bulawayo...after 3 weeks in the bush
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted
Hello Boys: I guess I can say boys....since last night I was at the BULAWAYO CLUB and the girls were not allowed in - to the bar anyway! Had a wonderful dinner there with a new friend Nigel Thiessen who is PH'ing in Tanzania. We got the whole tour of the cellar, upstairs lounges, meeting rooms, and guest rooms. I hope somebody puts my name up for membership! Got some great pictures.

As soon as I can get home and get organized, (do not leave till Wednesday), I will have to get pictures posted. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW.
Had two of the greatest BUFF HUNTS you can imagine. Hundreds and hundreds of Buff. We often drove through herds! Partied with Judge G at the Ultimate....I've got pictures of him doing the wild dance with the native dancers....including head-dress feathers and all. HAD THE ABSOLUTELY FINEST fishing trip ever taken by man. Fished the lower Zambezi at Sidinda camp for tigers. We caught no less than twelve big boys everyday.....and I mean 10 to 14 pounders. Tons of pics. Broke off on some I could not hold! One even broke the reel off the rod. Well....you get the picture. Fishing was thanks to Mark Butcher of Matapula Hunters.
Fished with PH's Andre & Chappy Esterhuizen and Nigel.
I've still got to go get a bunch of junk at Fazak's to take home to the kids. But already have gotten Giraffe & Ele gun cases from Steve Collett's Taxidermy. Also getting some of those leather bound (Elephant) books he has. Well I will post a full report later....I am presently a disorganized mess. This post even feels disgorganized.

Posts: 505 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We are waiting [ not so patiently] for your full report!

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Yeah...I was trying to find Nigel all those days and you had him off fishing. Mad He said the fishing was phenominal when I spoke with him upon returning. I was jealous. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37879 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
nigel is top drawer , a real gent and true pro ! - its no wonder you had such a great time with him -

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great hunt, Brennen, I want to hear more.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

I'll be having beers and dinner with the Collett family and John Greeff in the Bulawayo Club in less than 2 weeks. I am as excited about this trip as any I've ever taken.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shame the Brass Monkey is out of business or you could have real fun with local chickies,,,,.

Show us some hunt pics....not chickies...animals!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote