THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    African Memories...the little things (PICTURE)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

African Memories...the little things (PICTURE)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted
Any of you guys relate to this? Feel free to substitute your cold one of choice! beer

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Bill,

In Masailand, upon our return to camp in the evening, we were greeted with glasses of juice and damp washcloths. Looks like the same thing you are getting in that picture.

The only thing better, is the hot cup of tea delivered to your tent at 5:00AM. Damn, I love the mornings in Africa. The sound of the camp coming to life, the stars, the anticipation of another day of hunting.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I can truly relate. I don't know if I like the anticipation of the mornings then the sundowners upon return, or the hunting itself. I guess the whole package is what makes it the exceptional experience.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
After a hot shower, ready for sundowners in the Zambezi Valley overlooking Lake Kariba. The fire is yet to be started. I am hoping that tonight's snack will be corn fritters with the spicy dipping sauce. Off to make Carol's gin and tonic and grab a cold beer for myself.

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry,

Love the veiw and dam man, your making me hungry Big Grin

BTW doesn't the Omay also border Lake Kariba?

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post

His comment was"I bring you two as the first one always gone so fast"

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW doesn't the Omay also border Lake Kariba?

Yes, Omay North (Butch Walker's concession) has a long shoreline on Lake Kariba. Omay South (National Safaris) does not.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Carr:...Damn, I love the mornings in Africa. The sound of the camp coming to life, the stars, the anticipation of another day of hunting.
Yes...nothing is better then sitting along the river w/a cup of coffee, watching the sun rise.

The pict I posted was of our waiter in Zambia who would greet us mid-afternoon with some cold "African Kool-Aid" and a damp towel. I usually like staying in the bush all day, but checking the lion baits was dull and time-consuming, and around 1pm it felt good to be back at camp for a few hours. Cheers!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Seeing one of your friends get a pedicure at the Victoria Falls Boat CLub on a hot August day...

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann - no picture.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

It's not a "little thing" but a g&t and a beautiful sunset at the end of another amazing day in Africa.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had my hot chocolate brought to my tent each morning in Tanzania and then a Crown Royal with lots of ice was delivered to my shower! Tell me it gets better than that!
Great photos...bring back great memories.
After a dove hunt in near 100 degree weather in Texas my host had rolled up wash rags ICED DOWN in one cooler and a cold beer to match in the second cooler. What a way to finish up a dove shoot!

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
A pedicure ????
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I know someone that looks VERY similar, but it not the same man, the one I know is a very brave pig hunter, the one in the picture must be a relative...

jump

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the things we look forward to this September is and ICE COLD Castle beer waiting for us after a long hot dusty day of hunting, after a sucessful day of course.

Posts: 150 | Location: Washington | Registered: 01 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charles Mc Williams
posted Hide Post
I see things are getting much better there. The lst time i was there we were greeted by the camp staff in panic after the Eles had their way with the huts,food, chairs,and every other thing that caught their fancy. One peeded in my flatened tent, and all the beer was broken, except one and we fliped for it and i lost! The camp smelled like the L.A. Zoo's Ele's cages.I would have traded anything for a cold beer and wet towels/roflmao Charlie

Posts: 343 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Every night my Son and I would stroll away from the fire and look up at the southern cross. This trip My Wife and I will be looking at it.

Two months! July 20 I'll be there!

TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
This is the view from the main dinig area at the Malangani Conservancy in SE Zimbabwe, John Sharp Safris. 20 days.....jorge\

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by baboon:

His comment was"I bring you two as the first one always gone so fast"

baboon,

Hey!, I recognize that photo!!! Mabelingwane Safaris in South Africa! I'm headed there in August. I can't wait!

-Bob F. thumb

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post

That's not Italian Dr Mike, is it?

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
No John,
He must be a relative, the Mike I know, the one who climbed the Andes mountains in t-shirt while chasing wild boars don't use pedicures...

jump

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NitroX:

That's not Italian Dr Mike, is it?

Gentlemen,

This is what happens to men when you live in California. Big Grin BTW- Mike, I forgot what color nail polish she used for you.

Acutally, Mike was a good sport being the only guy in all of Zimbabwe getting a pedicure. At least he isn't in shorty-shorts. beer

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Nothing like a Tusker after a long day. The chaps accompanying me had to carry the ice chest, table and chairs quite a way.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
Wink,I would think a bigger smile was in order.You did not have to help carry anything back did you?

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

Ann, I think you are implying that the photo shows Mike getting touch with his feminine side. But maybe there was a reason Mike needed a pedicure. Perhaps he had just butchered an elephant.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Interesting, I've had about half a dozen crime scenes which looked like that over the years.

~Ann