THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Has Anyone Been To Ol Donyu Wuas In Kenya?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Anyone Been To Ol Donyu Wuas In Kenya?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemn,

A group of us are planning to go to Ol Donyu Wuas for a few days, and I was wondering if any of you has been there.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67470 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stopped there for a meal and a cold beer a few yrs ago. Service was good food was good. Dont forget to book a ballon flight while your there. they startes in am. great great veiw. you will be able to get some wondeful pictures.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Hello Saeed ...

That looks like a very nice place to visit ... Just a thought, provided you have the time inclination and the logistics are not too tough, you might want to add to your Kenya experience and consider a side trip to see the Bongo breeding project at Mount Kenya Wildlife Conservancy, it is located at Mt. Kenya

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
YES Mt. Kenya is a great trip. You can get there and back to Nairobi in one day. It's a nice day trip. Animal veiwing from hotel balcony. Lots of elephants, buffalo,water buck

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Driven past this area. Very beautiful, Particularly around Poachers lookout, Ngulia and Mizima Springs.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

If you are planning a trip to Watamu at the coast let me know.

Safe trip.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
yes saeed i have been there several times , richard bonnam is a spectacular host , the game is great and in the dry season their small watering hole in front of the lodge attracts some great elephant bulls , i have seen several in the 80-# class there ,

if you go be sure to take a day trip to amboselli , its about a three hour drive but again awesome elephant viewing when you get there ,,

what yuo will notice is interesting lava flows that encroach on the grassland so the viewing of forest animals as well as plains animals is great ..

if you are interested richard also does some great birdshoots from there at certain times of the year in particular the yellow necked spurfowl are great fun , there is a pipeline that brings water the the massai and where ever there are leaks the dove shooting can be great .

feel free to email me if you need details or pictures ivan@ivancarter.com

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Hi Saeed, I've been there too and I can highly recommend it. As soon as my children get past five years old I'll be taking the family there for a short break, only five hours from DXB. You may also want to consider the Aberdares (Treetops) and Mt Kenya (Mt Kenya Safari Club) which also have some interesting flora and fauna.

------------------------------

Richard
VENARI LAVARE LUDERE RIDERE OCCEST VIVERE

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote