THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zimbabwe: Govt Not Happy With Safari Operators - President

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe: Govt Not Happy With Safari Operators - President
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://allafrica.com/stories/201506220242.html

By Takunda Maodza

President Mugabe says the Government is unhappy with the state of affairs in private safaris and conservancies where owners who are largely of European origin make secret arrangements with visitors who kill wild animals without the knowledge and consent of the State.

What they pocket from the killings has also remained a mystery.

The country boasts of a number of conservancies from Matabeleland, Mashonaland West to the Lowveld in Masvingo Province.

Addressing delegates during a dinner to raise funds to capacitate the African Union Foundation during the just ended African Union Summit, the AU chairman dislodged the notion that all white farmers had been kicked out of farms to pave way for indigenous farmers, a lie constantly propagated by the Western media.

"This does not mean that every farmer lost his land, No. We still have quite a number of them. They still grow in the estates tea, coffee and plantations. They are there of course in the forests," said President Mugabe.

"They have what they call safaris and we do not know what is happening in the safaris because they make arrangements with visitors from outside to come and shoot this animal, that animal but the animal shot must be listed and approved by us. We do not know what payments that they are given. We therefore are unhappy about the safaris."

President Mugabe said the country has kept the forests where even Americans and Europeans are running safaris.

"We have kept the forests, quite a number of good forests with a lot of animals and it is in these forests that we have these safaris. The Americans are there although they have sanctions on us.

We have not said we do not want American people in our country. It does not pay for us to say we do not want them. What for? Individuals must not be made to suffer," he said.

President Mugabe said on the contrary, the Washington administration does not want any business with Zimbabwe.

"But with them (Americans), they say we would not have any business with you. We do not want you to visit our country. I have never said I want to be an American. So there it is," he said to applause from the delegates evidently enchanted by the veteran African statesman.

The AU chair said Africans by nature do not have such evil tendencies.

"We, the African people have not got the evil tendencies to dislike others, No." He implored the European community living in Africa to be human enough as exemplified by the indigenous people across the continent.

"Those who had taken land from our chiefs are saying pay for it yet they never paid for it. Those who were in such positions (commercial white farmers) must be generous and say come this is a business we can take some of you as partners but they want to keep to themselves all the time," said President Mugabe.

He added: "But still you see them clinging to themselves. If a school has white children in the majority, if African children go there, they leave that school and start another. Open up! Live like everybody else. Be human and humanitarian.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9502 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't want that piece of fecal soiling to be an American either.

Dutch

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
http://allafrica.com/stories/201506220242.html

By Takunda Maodza

President Mugabe says the Government is unhappy with the state of affairs in private safaris and conservancies where owners who are largely of European origin make secret arrangements with visitors who kill wild animals without the knowledge and consent of the State.

What they pocket from the killings has also remained a mystery.

The country boasts of a number of conservancies from Matabeleland, Mashonaland West to the Lowveld in Masvingo Province.

Addressing delegates during a dinner to raise funds to capacitate the African Union Foundation during the just ended African Union Summit, the AU chairman dislodged the notion that all white farmers had been kicked out of farms to pave way for indigenous farmers, a lie constantly propagated by the Western media.

"This does not mean that every farmer lost his land, No. We still have quite a number of them. They still grow in the estates tea, coffee and plantations. They are there of course in the forests," said President Mugabe.

"They have what they call safaris and we do not know what is happening in the safaris because they make arrangements with visitors from outside to come and shoot this animal, that animal but the animal shot must be listed and approved by us. We do not know what payments that they are given. We therefore are unhappy about the safaris."

President Mugabe said the country has kept the forests where even Americans and Europeans are running safaris.

"We have kept the forests, quite a number of good forests with a lot of animals and it is in these forests that we have these safaris. The Americans are there although they have sanctions on us.

We have not said we do not want American people in our country. It does not pay for us to say we do not want them. What for? Individuals must not be made to suffer," he said.

President Mugabe said on the contrary, the Washington administration does not want any business with Zimbabwe.

"But with them (Americans), they say we would not have any business with you. We do not want you to visit our country. I have never said I want to be an American. So there it is," he said to applause from the delegates evidently enchanted by the veteran African statesman.

The AU chair said Africans by nature do not have such evil tendencies.

"We, the African people have not got the evil tendencies to dislike others, No." He implored the European community living in Africa to be human enough as exemplified by the indigenous people across the continent.

"Those who had taken land from our chiefs are saying pay for it yet they never paid for it. Those who were in such positions (commercial white farmers) must be generous and say come this is a business we can take some of you as partners but they want to keep to themselves all the time," said President Mugabe.

He added: "But still you see them clinging to themselves. If a school has white children in the majority, if African children go there, they leave that school and start another. Open up! Live like everybody else. Be human and humanitarian.

What a bloody load of bullshit!

He was instrumental in ruining the safari industry in Zimbabwe.

I get reports from many of the government run areas, and so many of them lack even a small percentage of the animals they had originally.

Chete, one of my favorite areas, on which we have hunted for 5 consecutive years, seems to be just a run down place now.

So now he is blaming all those who have given the Zimbabwe safari industry an enviable name, after he had introduced his stupid "indigenization" into the industry??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a crock!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simply amazing that this man continues to walk the planet.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
originally posted by Robert Mugabe:

Wow, no trophies are eligible for export unless all government fees have been paid by the operator, correct? So, that is the "catch net" to make sure the "government" has been paid for any and all Zimbabwean resources purchased by foreign hunters? So, the "payments" he his fretting over is the difference in what the government charges the operator and the operator charges the client? Most places call that "gross profit" and it is what businesses use to pay their expenses. Take a good look folks, we (U.S.), will be there shortly. thumbdown

One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Simply amazing that this man continues to walk the planet.

+1. A floating turd for sure.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cant really argue with this statement, in light of the sport hunted ivory ban right now.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Good point

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
What a retarted statement, sad thing is, all of AU and Africa in general think that way one way or the other.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
When is that despicable piece of garbage going to die!!!?

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Yeah and worse one comes along

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is all just money, and politics . and more money for him.

Quote from above . . .

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
His life long in any circumstances anytime he chose the worse option. Voila his lack of basic intelligence.
Just reading his disconnected and unfocused stance, easy to point out that he has lost the few marbles he pretended to have.

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DHSinger
posted Hide Post
There is a way to end all this nonsense. Stop booking hunts in Zimbabwe. I was there twice and have no plans to return. Any hunt company operator who doesn't have his money off shore is a fool. They should all pack it in and let him try to impose his fees on the crumbs that are left.

Posts: 38 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX | Registered: 31 August 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DHSinger:
There is a way to end all this nonsense. Stop booking hunts in Zimbabwe. I was there twice and have no plans to return. Any hunt company operator who doesn't have his money off shore is a fool. They should all pack it in and let him try to impose his fees on the crumbs that are left.

I do not agree with you for one minute!

There are a lot of very hard working, honest people, whose only livelihood is hunting.

Supporting them is more important than boycotting Mugabe.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Thank you Saeed.

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

There are a lot of very hard working, honest people, whose only livelihood is hunting.

Amen. The only thing preventing the complete decimation of Zimbabwe's wildlife populations are the remaining handful of dedicated, hard working operators that continue to make a plan every day and survive under conditions that would cause most of us to simply give up.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
quote:

Amen. The only thing preventing the complete decimation of Zimbabwe's wildlife populations are the remaining handful of dedicated, hard working operators that continue to make a plan every day and survive under conditions that would cause most of us to simply give up.

+1

Only think saving what remains of Zim wildlife is the hunting industry.

Do we pay uncle bob a tax to hunt there - yes. But we also pay the house of saud a tax when we fill up.

I rather have Uncle Bob greedy hands in my pockets on a hunting trip than nothing remaining in Zim but rocks.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
+ another. Boycotting Zimbabwe only produces even worse results.

Posts: 742 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
given a choice; do you want a country ruled by obama or mugabe...

They are both so full of evil. Mugabe knows better, ask him the last time a Safari was conducted without at least one game scout there.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DHSinger
posted Hide Post
Sorry Saeed, I can't agree with you. Yes, if we stop going, a lot of innocent people will get hurt. Problem is, a lot of innocent people are already being hurt. Zimbabwe is like an alcoholic. It has to hit bottom before any real change will occur. As for me, I will not spend another dollar there until they stop persecuting whites.

Posts: 38 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX | Registered: 31 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1

Quitting Zimbabwe and allowing it to be poached to scorched earth is not very bright. You eliminate a premium hunting country while we have lost Kenya and Botswana and Zambia is moodier that my ex-wife.

You punish people that have dedicated their lives the the Zim wildlife and hunting industry.

You throw the anti-hunting community an easy victory when they are kicking our ass every day.

Doesn't make much since when put up against your vague moral reasoning.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1

Quitting Zimbabwe and allowing it to be poached to scorched earth is not very bright. You eliminate a premium hunting country while we have lost Kenya and Botswana and Zambia is moodier that my ex-wife.

You punish people that have dedicated their lives the the Zim wildlife and hunting industry.

You throw the anti-hunting community an easy victory when they are kicking our ass every day.

Doesn't make much since when put up against your vague moral reasoning.

Jeff

Another +1

Ceasing to book hunts into Zim will not only hurt those outfitters who are making a stand, but will quickly result in the complete annihilation of all wildlife through poaching.

Sorry but that's a short sighted view point IMO.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just returned from a great leopard hunt in Zimbabwe at Rifa Camp. Other than the normal being arrested for a loose registration ($20.00) sticker on the windscreen at one of the 30 plus road blocks to and from Harare life was good.

Elephant was poached on the second day but they had a chopper up trying to track the culprits down with boots on the ground. All to no avail.

We as everyone had a Game Scout with us who was very efficient and helpful.

It certainly in our opinion will serve absolutely no purpose to avoid Zimbabwe as a hunting destination. Even the "Police" who shook us down for the $20.00 were pleasant.

Interestingly the only problem we had was at a dinner when our Ph was asked what it was she did for a living by a born and raised resident of Zimbabwe responded that she was a licensed Zimbabwe PH. The extremely homely woman pondered that for a few seconds stroked her mustache took a few puffs on her electric cigarette and advised Tanya "that she hoped she died a very lingering death with severe arthritis". That lady was WHITE. We made no reply, just got up and left. Never in all the hunts we have done in Zimbabwe have we been spoken to in such a manner by one black.

We choose to thank and support the good people of Zimbabwe and without our support there will be no wildlife left there. We shall return for that reason. One day the government will change for the better hopefully. Plus in the event one is not deaf and blind you may have noticed the Government is not too spiffy here either.

Only our experience and opinion.

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would have been a great question to ask.

I just did not want a confrontation at the table but just kept quiet.

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for me, I will not spend another dollar there until they stop persecuting whites.

You are doing the same thing boycotting all the good people that are struggling to survive there.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is living proof that the good die young!

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote