THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Zim-Mysterous snake terrorizes villagers

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zim-Mysterous snake terrorizes villagers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mysterious Snake terrorizes Villagers

By Chamunorwa Murava

From the Bulawayo Chronicle-Feb. 19, 2007

A MYSTERIOUS snake has left families at Ransburg Farm, a few kilometers outside Shurugwi, in trepidation after “shocking†to death a four year old girl and leaving a woman who had reportedly ‘killed’ it mentally ill.

The snake, believed to be used for witchcraft, also sent mourners at the girl’s funeral scuttling after it entered the blanket covering the girl’s body.
The girl was buried at the farm on Friday evening while the woman who tried to kill the snake (name supplied) was hospitalised at Shurugwi hospital.
A nurse at the Hospital who declined to be identified said they received a patient from the farm and said she was admitted in the Hospital’s ward 3.
“Her condition appears to have improved,†she said.
At the farm, the parents of the girl were reluctant to bury their daughter until they were assured that nothing would happen to them by a traditional healer they consulted about the matter.
The traditional healer, Musiiwa Denhere- Tsikamtanda told the Chronicle on Friday that he killed and burnt the snake.
He said he was working on establishing where the snake came from.
“The deceased’s parents came to my house at around 1am and told me about the snake. It was first seen last Saturday at the hospitalised woman’s home. She thought it was just a common snake and killed it. When she tried to burn it, she failed because it did not catch fire. She left it and retired to bed before she woke up behaving in a weird manner the following morning. She appeared to have lost her senses and she was taken to Shurugwi Hospital where she is admitted.
Meanwhile, the snake just disappeared mysteriously,†he said
Mr Denhere said on Wednesday, the ‘same’ snake was seen at the now deceased’s home. The deceased’s father said he killed it but also failed to burn it.
“The snake disappeared once again and the following day, the deceased saw the snake under an umbrella in the house. She screamed and collapsed. She started bleeding from the nose and she died before she was rushed to hospital,†he said.
Mr Denhere said at the funeral wake, the same snake was seen moving into the blanket covering the body of the deceased and the terrified mourners rushed out of the house.
“No-one attempted to do anything to it. The parents came to me but I told them I could not kill it in the evening as it could fight me. I went there at around 4am and found the snake still coiled in the blanket and I killed it. Thereafter I burnt it but I did not remove the ashes because I want to find out whether it would disappear again,†he said.
Many people from the farm on Saturday inundated Chronicle with calls about the matter while others came in person to narrate the shocking story.
People from nearby farms corroborated the story yesterday and many said they were living in constant fear of the snake.
“Zvinoshamisa izvi (This is strange). There must be someone evil in this area and we hope Sekuru (Denhere) will be able to identify the witch,†said a woman who refused to identify herself for fear of the consequences.
Acting Midlands provincial police [spokesperson Assistant Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko said the police had not received a report on the matter. He said it was common that sudden deaths in rural communities were at times not reported.
“It could have happened but we have not received any report because people in the rural areas normally bury their relatives without reporting to the police,†he said

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
snakes name was hilary

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe the same one that got Adam and Eve............

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
It's such a shame when people are under such bondage to superstition and this kind of stuff.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like an obvious case of wirtch craft to me! Eeker

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote