Find
Notify
Tools

LION IMPORT INFORMATION
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted
The FWS has cleared the confusion. Lion taken before 22 January, 2016 will not need an import permit no matter when imported. Lion already taken or that are taken between now and 22 January do not need an import permit and will not have to be imported before 22 January. They will be considered "pre-act" and the special regulation is not intended to change that.

This information from John Jackson - again John thanks for the endless fight - you are a legend .

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SCI cleared up this question soon after the FWS ruling:

"According to the U.S. rule, lions harvested before January 22, 2016 will not need a U.S. importation permit. Hunters should ensure that they document the date when they harvested their lion. This can be done with a hunting license, notarized letter, or similar official documentation that proves the lion was harvested before January 22, 2016."

http://huntforever.org/2015/12...tation-into-the-u-s/

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeff32:
SCI cleared up this question soon after the FWS ruling:

"According to the U.S. rule, lions harvested before January 22, 2016 will not need a U.S. importation permit. Hunters should ensure that they document the date when they harvested their lion. This can be done with a hunting license, notarized letter, or similar official documentation that proves the lion was harvested before January 22, 2016."

http://huntforever.org/2015/12...tation-into-the-u-s/

Oh bloody hell! SCI is jumping on the bandwagon on HARVESTING lions??

I never knew lions grow out of the ground!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68782 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I hate the word harvest when associated with hunting as well.

I have asked a lot of different hunters about this and no one can really agree. A large part of the hunting community doesn't like to the use the word kill.

I think it is stupid to use harvest, but it is not a hill I am going to die on or spend my life trying to get people to steer away from using "harvest".

None the less I do enjoy poking fun at the notion.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
English is a fluid language.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote