New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHO IS WALTERHOG??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We know little about the Infamous Marksman's true identity ...

Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I think I've got his ID narrowed down:

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Walterhog is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enema....

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed's evil twin...

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the proper question is, "What is Walterhog?"

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:

Big Grin Enema......or...Enigma???? dancing

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
quote:

Brett

Enemanigma. IOW, he may just be BOTH! Smiler

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't be the enema, he's still to full of it for that to be the case.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:
quote:

Brett

Enema, just as written. Wink

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Saeed's evil twin...

Rich
DRSS

I'm told Walter is the inspiration for all of Saeed's advancements in ballistics ...

tu2

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Saeed's evil twin...

Rich
DRSS

Looking at your photo mate I'd say..... Wink Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
JMO, but from some of the little snippets I have read from some of Saeed's posts, I believe Walter would be one hell of an interesting person to share a hunting camp or fishing boat with.

I do not believe it would be dull for a second.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe ....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
JMO, but from some of the little snippets I have read from some of Saeed's posts, I believe Walter would be one hell of an interesting person to share a hunting camp or fishing boat with.

I do not believe it would be dull for a second.

Yep! He sure keeps it going on Saeed's videos.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I recall from other posts here, Walter is one of Saeed's closest friends, if not his closest friend, he helps him design bullet loads, and is the comic relief on Saeed's safaris, like to have fun, I seem to recall he is involved with the local police in Dubai, think he is not from UAI, maybe Chile? He goes on all of Saeed's hunts, and gets to choose who get to go. Maybe he is an enema (enigma)? I really would like to know more about him. Wink

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found a pic of walter....

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, our genius was here earlier, and as usual, he did not have anything good to say about me.

I am in the middle of testing 22 rim fire ammo, and he was watching as I was shooting.

I fire groups of 5 shots. As I fired the first shot; "good. Now try not to screw things up, Put the next bullet in the same hole"

I fired another round, it did not go into the same hole.

"There is nothing wrong with the ammo. It is YOU flinching again!"

When I finished shooting, I said "OK Einstein, show us how it is done now"
"No, no I don't want to make all the fuss of moving the rest to the other side."

I did not listen to hi, I just moved the rifle rest to the right hand side, as he is a left hand shooter.

"Here SIT! And start shooting. No excuses, I will lock you up in here over night"

He looked at the others in our shooting room, and everyone was smiling, and nodding their heads.

He sat down, and started shooting from the same box of ammo I had shot from earlier.

His first group was about 3 times teh size of the ones I have been shooting.

"You see. I KNOW why you wanted me to shoot. You gave me a whole box of FLIERS! I am not shooting any more"

And that was the end of his shooting.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68649 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jumping jumping I would have thought you built a flinch into the ammo for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does Walter work for BP?
I could have sworn I saw him working offshore in Louisiana somewhere.......

Posts: 10359 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
"You see. I KNOW why you wanted me to shoot. You gave me a whole box of FLIERS!

And of course we all know, Saeed, that you would never do such a thing to Walter as to sabotage his ammunition, right?

If I were him, I would be paranoid too!!! Maybe even more paranoid!!!Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13618 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have loaded 8 rounds of 700 Nitro Express ammo - they are loaded with reduced charge.

I have them on the bench, and Walter picked each one of them up, and started weighing them in his hands - our powder scale will not weigh more than 1500 grains, so he could not weigh them.

"Walter, one of these is loaded with a reduced charge. You pick one, then I will pick one, and we will shoot them. If you are lucky, you will get the one with the reduced charge"

"I, DO, NOT, TRUST you! How many times I have to tell you this?"

"OK, You pick 3 rounds, and give them to me, and I will fire them. Then you pick one and shoot it"

"NO"

"Why not?"
"NO! I told you a million times, I do not trust you.

"OK, you pick one, and I will then shoot all the other 7 rounds. Then you shoot the one you have picked"

"NO! NO! NO! I am NOT shooting that rifle. Only people with no brains like you and Roy shoot it. Even Alan refused to shoot it"

"You and Alan are whimps, that is why"
"Me and Alan have BRAINS! Something you and Roy have lost many years ago"

"You really are not very nice, are you?"
" I am very nice to people who are nice to me. You are NEVER nice to me"

Posts: 68649 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
And while we are on the subject of Walter, how about this one.

He came in here with a Mannlisher in 30-06. He wannted it to be sighted in.

"Can you adjust this gun please?"
"Adjust it how?"
"Shoot it, that is why"

"Whose gun is it?"
"Never mind whose gun it is. Just shoot it"
"Nope. I am not shooting that piece of German junk"

"It is made in Austra, by one of the most well known companies who make guns in the whole wide world"

"Makes no bloody difference. Austrians and Germans are all the bloody same. You can shoot it"

"OK, I will shoot it. Can I have some ammo?"
"What?"
"Can I have some ammo?"
"What?"
"I said can I have some ammo? To shoot?"

We had a friend here, who said "Walter, don't you know how to ask nicely? May be say please for once?"

I gave him a box of reloads. He went into teh shooting room, and got himself ready.

He fired one shot, then he seemed to be struggling to open the bolt.

He came out of the shooting room, fuming "Your bloody ammo is too hot! The bot won't open!"

" I told you it is a piece of junk"

He tried and tried and tried. But the bolt won't budge. He took the stock off, and headed out to the workshop outside.

"What are you going to do?"
"I am going to get this bolt open, if your ammo hasn't welded it shut! Why do you load ammo so hot?"

"My ammo shoots just fine. Wait and see"

I took one of our own 30-06 rifles, and fired two rounds in it from the same box he had. There was no problems at all.

He left without saying a word.

About an hour later, he comes down again, with a sheepish look on his face. We knew something very funny had happened.

"What happened?"

"First I need to get some cake and some zaater tea. Then, only then, I will tell you what happened. BUT, BUT, you all promise not to tell anyone else?"

He got himself a large piece of cake, and poured himself a cup of zaater tea - zaater is thyme.

He then proceeded to tell us, through mouthfulls of cake, that after he had taken the rifle out, and had taken the barrel off it. and found that the case was not stuck in at all, he looked at teh rifle again.

And discovered that the safety was ON! Which stopped the bolt opening!?

How he knocked it to SAFE as he fired I have no idea. But, there is nothing which can be put past Walter!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I still think you need to load him some ammo with flinches added rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrlexma:
quote:

And of course we all know, Saeed, that you would never do such a thing to Walter as to sabotage his ammunition, right?

Just because you're paranoid does not mean Saeed's NOT out to get you. Famous adage!

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
quote:
Originally posted by mrlexma:
quote:

Just because you're paranoid does not mean Saeed's NOT out to get you. Famous adage!

Right you are, KG - and Saeed hasn't even mentioned the time he gave a bunch of trick-loaded 7x64mm rounds to Walter so that Walter could "sight in" his Blaser just after arriving for a safari in Tanzania. I think he varied the powder charges, and even filed or cut off some of the bullet bases.

It's on one of Saeed's videos - filmed in a candid camera sort of way. It is truly hilarious. (Sorry, Walter.)

The bullets were hitting all over the paper, and in one case, in the dirt, at least 20 yards or so in front of the target.

Walter complained constantly and kept accusing Saeed of tampering with his rifle.

But Saeed denied, quite honestly, that he had done anything to Walter's rifle. jumping

Anyone who did not end up paranoid after that kind of an experience would need to get his head examined!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13618 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed was just trying to help out by showing him the error of his ways.
In not only buying an overpriced fashion accessory but thinking it would be any use for REAL hunting in Africa.
Some people you just can't help.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Better question might be - "Where is Walterhog?"

Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh My God!! Walter is a walking path of destruction!
Saeed you are a brave man!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
But Saeed denied, quite honestly, that he had done anything to Walter's rifle.

Anyone who did not end up paranoid after that kind of an experience would need to get his head examined!

MR

And I was RIGHt too.

I never did anything to his RIFLE.
If he would pick some silly German made contraption that cannot absorb the normal variations of load development, it is not my problem! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
But Saeed denied, quite honestly, that he had done anything to Walter's rifle.

MR

And I was RIGHt too.

I never did anything to his RIFLE.
If he would pick some silly German made contraption that cannot absorb the normal variations of load development, it is not my problem! clap

Walter cannot possibly be a real German ... if he were, operating the safety on a rifle would be second nature ... he must be a transplanted Yankee ...

rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Walter is my long lost long haired older brother

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10133 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
No way. Love child, maybe. If so, an AR name change suggestion: Walterhoglet, or maybe Walterpiglet. Has a nice ring to it! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I once heard that Walter was given that nick name by a man who is married to an American Indian Princess.

Now as the story goes, he just happened to see Walter one day in a video, posing like a bore hog on the ground in the all 4 position, rooting with his broad nose in the middle of a buffalo crossing. Thus the name Walterhog was born. I don't recall the fellows name but I do believe he is spending out his days in the Irish countryside and drinking a pint a day at the local Pub.

Posts: 334 | Location: America | Registered: 23 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Walter got the nickname Waltehog because he likes to hunt warthogs.

We were hunting in Zimbabwe, and Walter only wanted to shoot warthogs.

Trouble was, he did not come out with us every day. And as luck would have it, we never saw a walterhog when he was with us. And as there were several on our quota, I had to shoot them on his behalf.

The conversation would go like this. We would be out hunting, with Walter enjoying the comfort of the camp, when we come across a nice walrthog.

"We cannot shoot that. It is supposed to be for Walter"
"If you keep refusing to shoot them, none will be shot. Walter is never here when we find the bloody warthogs"

"So you think I should shoot it on his behalf?"
"Yes"
"He will get upset at me for doing it. I will blame you for forcing me to shoot it"
"That is fine, put the blame on me. I don't mind making him upset"

This was repeated several times, as we worked our way through the wartis quota.

Walter was getting madder and madder "Why are you two shooting MY warthogs, ha?"

Roy "Because the hunt is coming to an end while you are sleeping in camp, instead of coming out with us hunting, that is why"

Walter turns to me, "That does not explain why YOU have to shoot them!"

"I have told a million times, I shoot as soon as Roy puts up the shooting stick. It makes no difference what animal it is"

"I knew it! IT IS Roy's fault. If he had not put up the shooting stick you would not shoot my animals"
"Yes, that is right"

Alan "I have on video Saeed resting his rifle on a tree trunk and shooting a warthog"

Walter turns to me again "I suppose whenever you find a tree to rest your rifle on you shoot whatever animal there is too, ha?"

"I like resting my rifle on trees. In fact, it is more steady than Roy's shooting sticks"

"Tomorrow I will be the first one in the back of the truck. And no warthog will be safe any more"

We found a warthog, which was standing in a field of grass about 180 yards away.

Roy puts up the shooting sticks, "Come on, hurry up and shoot "

"It looks too far. Saeed, how much higher should I aim"

"Just aim in the middle of him and shoot. He isn't going to wait forever"

Walter fires, missing the warthog by shooting over him about 10 inches!

"Why did you shoot over him?"
"I aimed over him. I thought the bullet will him after the first bounce"

Roy was fuming, Alan was having a hard time keeping the camera steady, and I was rolling on the grass laughing.

Just a normal hunting day with Walter.

One day we were out trying to shoot a zebra for lion bait.

Walter had the job of shooting our bait - it was supposed to be his "contribution" to the lion we were supposed to get.

Several times that morning, we saw zebra, and several times Walter attempted to shoot one without much success.

We were driving back to camp for lunch, when Roy said "we are not going to get a bait relying on Walter"

"OK, the next one we see, I will shoot it"

A few minutes later, a bunch of zebras ran across our track about 200 yards ahead of the truck. Roy stopped the truck, put the shooting sticks up, saying "the stallion is on the left"

I fired at the stallion, and he took off with the rest of them disappearing into the bush.

"Did I hit him?"
"Yes you did"
"How do you know I hit him?"
"I heard the bullet hit him"
"How can you hear the bullet when you have your fingers in your ears?"

"I did not have time to put my fingers in my ears! You shot too fast, as usual"

"You poor man. Either complaining of Walter being too slow, or me being too fast"

"That is true. And I am the one who has to suffer"

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I'm dying to know how you two strange bedfellows met. Please tell me you caught him in a tree on your property stealing all of your figs, or that you found him wandering around in the desert, clearly out of his head, asking which way to the Woodstock show, and out of kindness you took him in, much like a stray dog, and gave him jobs to do like cutting your grass and sweeping up after your animals in exchange for a daily ration of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Maybe your guards caught him rummaging through your dustbins and stuffing his pockets with half-eaten lamb legs or something? Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, tell us the story of meeting Walter and becoming fast friends! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Yes, tell us the story of meeting Walter and becoming fast friends! Big Grin

They were "Sapeurs" together ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
does the word FAST fit anywhere near Walter????? Big Grin