THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    An ARticle In The Times, And An Answer To It

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An ARticle In The Times, And An Answer To It
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

A friend has sent me this and asked me to post it.

Paula,

I comment in the text of your mail.

Peter Thormahlen

Thormahlen & Cochran Safaris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 5:09 PM
To: peter@africatrophyhunting.com
Cc: page0119@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: You have no right to kill

I read in the Times newspaper UK the article and saw the picture of the dead giraffe and could not help but feel sick to my stomach, such a magnificent animal destroyed for no reason.

Firstly, I do not know which article you are talking about as I do not read your newspaper, (nor do I want to read it), but it is evident in your accusation that the giraffe you are talking about was one that was hunted. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are the typical egocentric, ignorant Englishman sitting on s Small Island which you call Britain, or the United Kingdom, (which you only united because you oppressed, killed, and humiliated the Scottish, Irish, and Welch) and you throw accusations around. You have NO idea what is going on in Africa, nor do you care, as you only care about yourself, your own feelings, your own perceptions and your Queen.

Who destroyed Africa by colonizing it, who went on shooting sprees and shot thousands of game animals having cucumber sandwiches afterwards, who came to Africa and raped our countries from minerals, wild animals, hardwood trees, oppressed the people, and made them sing God saves the Queen ? Africans or Britain?s???? Who has South Africa?s diamond in her crown ? your Queen, or an African? And you talk about destroying a giraffe? Look at Zimbabwe today -who was the man who went out of his way to rape the country from its minerals, the people from their pride, cut of the hardwood trees and sent them to Britain? An African or your Rhodes? And this scenario goes on and on, for every country in Africa where the dam British decided they are God! Do you feel guilty about this ?no, it was in the name of the Queen, and thus it was OK to destroy Africa.

What do you do, or care about conservation? What have you contributed to conservation? How much money have you contributed to conserve animals in their natural habitat? How much of your time have you contributed in conserving African animals? Who gives you the right to accuse me of destroying animals, who made you God, who gave you the right to take away my right to hunt?? Surely you are granting yourself these rights; living in your little ignorant world where you eat food packed in nice little packages. Have you done ANYTHING to alleviate poverty in our country, to feed our people? NO, most probably you have done nothing, but sit in your house throwing accusations around. Have you seen hunters walking in the streets shouting slogans against non-hunters or against anybody that has a different opinion than us ?guy people, vegetarians, and people with HIV? No, we mind our own business, but you grant yourself the right to take away my rights. Who the hell do you think you are??

The giraffe we hunted fed a lot of people, and the money the hunter paid for it is being used to guard, manage and in the breeding of one of the biggest black rhino herds in private property in South Africa. Do you care, no! Would you like to care, no! Would you like to have insight into why species is preserved in Africa when it has a value above just the meat it supplies, no! No because you made yourself God, you gave yourself the right to accuse, to judge. Have you done anything to conserve the game in our country, most probably no; will you do anything constructive in future, most probably no. But you will keep on accusing, blaming, infringing rights.

On BBC1, UK television we watched the staff at Longleat animal park help with the birth of a new baby giraffe, our office staff all gathered around the television to see the outcome of a difficult birth, to see if the mother would bond with it, you could see the genuine apprehension on the faces of the keepers,

I am really happy you appreciated the birth of the giraffe calf, now I suggest you should start doing something constructive to preserve them in Africa.

you people should be ashamed, how big you are to shoot your rifles at a creature that cannot comprehend the evil that you and your kind represent,

I am not ashamed, that because of me being a hunting outfitter and because of my hunting clients, that I am doing my part in ensuring the future of giraffes and all the other game we hunt. You take away the monetary value of African, and all other game, and see what happens to them. Just look at photos of your British princes and royalties decimating tigers and African game in your high days before everybody chased you back to your island, and see what happened when those animals had no value to hunters, but your spoiled royalties could hunt them for fun!! But would you care to understand this, no. Why, because you sit in your pure, world of nice homes, subways, trains, tarred roads, wealth?..and no game animals but on small little patches. How great was your conservation!!

60 years ago people in black uniforms gassed kids as they got off trains, today we are disgusted with thier actions and some people deny that it ever happened,

Paula, I did not gas kids in the second world war, nor will I. But you British; your country put Africans ?white & black ? in concentration camps in South Africa and killed around 50,000 of us between 1900 ? 1904!!! At the time there were only 80,000 white Africans and 26,000 women & children were killed by the British! Talking about an excellently planned and executed holocaust ? systematically killing 33% of the white Africans in your death camps! The Nazis could just have learned from what the Britain?s perfected all over the world in the countries they colonized.

How many people did you kill in India??

Have you EVER apologized for those holocausts?? No! Why not, because it was in the name of your Queen, you granted yourself the right to kill and rape countries where you stopped with your ships and planted your flag. And you grant yourself the same right today, most probably typing this e-mail on a desk made of a hardwood tree destroyed in Burma, Central Africa, or Rhodesia.

what will your kids think when they grow up will they be disgusted as I was with your pictures.

Look at my website in more depth ? www.africatrophyhunting.com look at Trophy Rooms under Wildebeest ?black, and you will see a photo of my nine year old son ? Hermann Thormahlen - with his second Black Wildebeest he hunted! He started at age six and my daughter at age 11. One day they will be proud that they had the guts to stand up against people like you, and preserve the game in African. And hopefully they will teach their kids so that we can have game in Africa in the next thousand years. Stay on your island, try not to play God, and let the Africans take care of their own continent, their people and their game.

Thankfully the baby giraffe survived and thankfully people like you are a small portion of mankind, you are cowards,worse even than the bastards that gassed innocent kids.

Is this you, the egocentric, ignorant idiot that is speaking? Oh yes it is. Thanks God you live on that little island, and not in Africa.

Peter Thormählen

PS. Look under ?Exciting moments? on the website ? under the heading ?Business is business?. You will enjoy us skinning the white rhino. Lots of meat to feed poor people, and it secured $40,000 for the conservation of the other white & black rhino on the property. Would you care; ? again, NO!!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well, Mr. Thormählen certainly scorched Ms. Robinson's bloomers, now didn't he?

Big Grin

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Peter Thormählen

I'd say that Ms Robinson was badly informed. I'd also say that Peter Thormahlen has lost a chance to explain the virtures of licensed hunting by going off on an anti-Brit rant.

------------------------------

Richard
VENARI LAVARE LUDERE RIDERE OCCEST VIVERE

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deerdogs:
I'd say that Ms Robinson was badly informed. I'd also say that Peter Thormahlen has lost a chance to explain the virtures of licensed hunting by going off on an anti-Brit rant.

My thoughts exactly! I take he does not have any Brit customers and perhaps its easy to see why!

Regards,

Pete

( oppressed Welsh person! Roll Eyes)

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thankfully the baby giraffe survived and thankfully people like you are a small portion of mankind, you are cowards, worse even than the bastards that gassed innocent kids.

Thormahlen didn't need to go off on a Brit-bashing tirade. But I do understand his ire.

I don't think I'd want to respond amicably, either, in the hope of getting a new client or otherwise, to an ignorant nit-wit who called me, inter alia, worse than a Nazi baby gasser.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13627 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd also say that Peter Thormahlen has lost a chance to explain the virtures of licensed hunting by going off on an anti-Brit rant.

The anti-Brit rant aside, it's of no use whatsoever to try and talk nice to the anti crowd. We had all better start getting on a rant about our rights or we may find ourselves without a fox hunt.

Posts: 155 | Location: Stafford, VA | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
Wow!! Imagine if Peter or a family member was accussed of embezzlement....could make Mr. Dodds responses pale in comparison. We should give him a break on the Brit-bashing...who else is he going to go after? The French.......too easy!!

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've run into people like Paula before. Anyone who thinks they can be reasoned with is just kidding themselves. They can't be educated because they don't want to be. They want hunting stopped - period. Most have never done ANYTHING to really help the animals they so profess to love and they never will. It really doesn't matter what nationality they are but I certainly enjoyed old Peter taking the good lady to task for the past sins of the Empire. Give her hell for she most certainly deserves it! Unfortunately, my guess is that she doesn't have a clue what Peter is talking about as such abysmal ignorance is rarely limited to one subject.

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Atta Boy Peter!
Don't stop now...you are on a roll.
For ever Brit you don't book we will send you a Texan to pick up the tab.
Grab a hand full of rope and keep spurring!

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I stand to be corrected (and I usually am), but I did not take Peter's response as much as Brit Bashing at Hippocrite Bashing.

If the article had been written by one of the upper crust in USA, he could have just as easily pointed out Presidents who have their trophies on the wall, about the trail of tears regarding the American Native Indians, about our justifiable use of atomic weapons in WWII.

It was not just African again Brit but Hunter against ingnorance.

Fred

Posts: 236 | Location: Tampa, Fl | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that Peter is just doing what ignorant people do, indulge in "ad hominem" arguments. What in heavens name does the Queen or the diamond in her crown, have to do with killing a giraffe? After listening to that diatribe I have no desire to hunt with him. Why do we accept this kind of argument when we agree with his position, when we certainly would not accept it from someone who we disagree with? It is intellectually dishonest.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Joel C
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Peter this past summer (and plan to hunt with him again next year).
He is a gracious, intelligent, and pleasant man (a true gentleman) who takes great pride in his country (S.A.) and his continent.

He also loves his profession and enjoys tweaking the noses of those who express outrage at hunters and hunting.

As others have stated, logic has no effect on true 'bunny-huggers"......

Posts: 130 | Location: Ripon, WI | Registered: 09 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bravo Peter

I wouldn't waste my breath trying to talk reason with that nit either. Standing tall and proud is the right answer. That kind of fool does understand "liberal guilt" and maybe they will think twice about throwing so many stones from the Crystal Palace.

Of course, next time don't sugarcoat it... tell them what you really think Wink thumb

Regards

Elmo

Posts: 586 | Location: paloma,ca | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Originally posted by Fred Gordon:
I stand to be corrected (and I usually am), he could have just as easily pointed out Presidents who have their trophies on the wall, about our justifiable use of atomic weapons in WWII."

I don't think for one minute we need to try to justify the use of atomic bombs on Japan. If I recall correctly they, meaning Japan, started it at Pearl Harbor and we finished it. As I look at it Harry Truman didnot get to use enough "baby bomb" on the criminals. JMO and everyone is entitled to one.

Did you volunteer to land on the beaches of Japan? If not,TIMO you have no position from which to double guess H.S.T.No, Mr Truman isn't my relative, but I had some on the other beaches.

Fred

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it would be great fun for Peter to run into Paula at an airport somewhere.

But then again, what he would have to say would just go in one ear and out the other.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed's friend took a correct approach, in my opinion. An ad hominem or ad feminam approach is precisely the logical approach, in this case, and in certain similar cases. What is going on here is that the woman being addressed has taken what she pretends to herself is a moral position, when, in fact, it is immoral and insensitive. She does this for reasons discussed and well illustrated in Thomas Sowell's The Vision of the Anointed - Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy, available, inter alia, from Amazon.

She does not function primarily through reason, but through emotion and attitude, her attitude being one of superiority to hoi polloi. Since her basis for her position is not reason, but "moral superiority," it is exactly her moral inferiority which must be pointed out. While Peter T. quite properly explains the facts as well, for the record, and for readers who choose to learn rather than masturbate themselves with their unfounded feelings of superiority, reason is not a particularly useful way to address Ms. Robinson's attitude, and his ad feminam argument is properly the ESSENCE of an effective representation to Ms. Robinson.

Regarding comments about British clients, I agree with Fred Gordon that the post is more anti-hypocrite than anti-Brit, and congratulate Mr. Thormahlen on making his own business decisions, which are HIS to make, in the public interest.

Reasoning for the reasonable.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I'm with Pete E on this one. That was a totally ineffective diatribe, filled with half truths and outright lies. The bottom line is that were it not for the British influence in all of these countries they'd be even more entrenched in the stone age, oil exploration included. There was a much better and cogent argument to this type of "tree-hugger" BS, that this obvious anti-brit BS. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote