THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Johan Beziedenhout mauled by a leopard

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Johan Beziedenhout mauled by a leopard
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
all I know at this point is he is ok in Hospital but pretty chewed up. It happened a couple of days ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, I wish him well!

Can't wait to read the update.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have seen a pic of Johan in his hospital bed, he looks to be in fine spirits. Thankfully his head/neck/face are all untouched. His hands and legs took the brunt of the attack and he managed to fight it off. His size and strength were put to good use!

Posts: 394 | Location: Africa | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Johan told me via Facebook this morning he was sore but OK and hoping for no infection.

I had just posted this picture of our hunt last October on Facebook..

Johan Beziedenhout on my left, Johann Combrink on my right

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Herd it was in the omay, martin pieters area

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The reality is that they don't call it "dangerous game" for nothing.

Glad to hear he is doing okay.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my book a wounded Leopard is the most dangerous of the group; it mostly comes without warning and is quicker than you would think.

Not the type of quarry one would let choose how it wants to die (unless you have a pack of dogs that will do the dirty work for you). Big Grin

Pole sana John, it can happen to the best in the business.

I have known of a wounded Leopard having taken out 2 very experienced PHs - the 3rd one got the job done.

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
The dry riverbed where Johan and I shot mine was surrounded by 4ft high dry grass. Sitting in the blind all I could think of was not wanting to have to look for a wounded leopard in that grass...

He ran 20 yds or so down the riverbed after he fell out of the tree before piling up. I've never seen an animal cover 20 yds so fast!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is Johan related to Fred Beziedenhout from the Caprivi

Posts: 151 | Location: NC | Registered: 11 September 2007Reply With Quote