THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Northern Operations Africa Launches the "Collect Africa" Hunting program

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Northern Operations Africa Launches the "Collect Africa" Hunting program
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NorthernOperationsAfrica
posted
Welcome to the COLLECT AFRICA Program.

COLLECT AFRICA, is here to help you achieve your African Hunting goals. Whether you are looking to complete the prestigious SCI Pinnacles, add to your personal plethora of hunting experiences, or just beginning your African Hunting program in the great dark continent. COLLECT AFRICA caters for the intricate and specialized species, like going from Northern Maasailand after the exclusive Roberts Gazelle, to scouring the CAR Savannahs for Yellow back duiker, or crawling through the Mozambican forests for Livingstone Suni. Or maybe you are after that dream " Tusker ", that "Ultimate Trophy Buffalo" or just want to know where the best chances are for that "Unforgettable Trophy Lion". Either way COLLECT AFRICA is the one for you!!

After years of his ongoing advising to many specialized and collecting clients, Dave Rademeyer, was inspired to create COLLECT AFRICA, to assist his clients in fulfilling their African huntings needs and goals. Dave is one of the very few African PHs to have PERSONALLY hunted/guided 125 different species/sub-species throughout Africa. Having spent the last 15 years working and gaining experince within all of these countries, has given him the insight of the best places to find all the unique game and the areas that offer the best trophy quality and opportunity on each species. THIS IS WHAT MAKES COLLECT AFRICA DIFFERENT!!!!

Associated closely with many other great African P.H.s COLLECT AFRICA utilizes the best areas, concessions, and outfitters in each country to assure their clients highest chance of success on almost every hunt-able species/subspecies indicated on the SCI African Checklist. COLLECT AFRICA is dedicated and committed to assisting you in finding and preparing the best Safari possible to achieve your African hunting goals in the most affordable, knowledgeable and time efficient way.

To begin your journey and Become part of COLLECT AFRICA, enter our web-site:
www.collectafrica.com ,
fill out the simple requests on the checklist page and

“Let us be your African Species Collecting Concierge”

The Classic Spiral-Horned Collectors.

www.northernoperationsafrica.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having just returned from an awesome hunt with NOA in Cameroon, I can readily attest to the entire team's efforts to making each trip incredible !

Was my first trip with NOA - will not be the last Wink

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Nice looking Web-Site.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Great website!

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 707 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks Gents

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that the website www.collectafrica.com encapsulates exactly the type of behavior that we should be rallying against. We are hunters not collectors. Sorry but I find the idea of a concierge service to "collect" species disgraceful.

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rxgremlin:
I think that the website www.collectafrica.com encapsulates exactly the type of behavior that we should be rallying against. We are hunters not collectors. Sorry but I find the idea of a concierge service to "collect" species disgraceful.

Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion but if you read the write up correctly it is not solely for guys that are collecting species but we use the SCI awards system as a guideline to figure our where to focus for your next safari. rather than just returning back to the same country over and over again when there is such a vast number of countries, species and styles of hunting throughout Africa. it more than Just Zimbabwe, Tanzania and South Africa. Dont get me wrong I'm a Zimbabwean and love the Zambezi valley but glad that i have been able to hunt bongo with pygmies in the forests, leopard with the bushman in the Kalahari, walk for mile after LDE in the savannahs, spent a night out in the Swamps so I could be in place at first light to hunt Sitatunga.
Each of these have been an amazing and Unique experience that would never have happened if there wasn't a demand to hunt different species in different countries.
So it Not a case of "collecting Species" more of collecting different hunting experiences, going to different countries. If it wasn't for "collectors" countries like Ghana, Liberia and Congo would never have been opened for hunting and there would not be a sustainable value on the wildlife for the locals and we all know where that story ends.

Like I said you are welcome to your opinion but try be a little more open minded to the term Collector and what we aim to achieve.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think that the website www.collectafrica.com encapsulates exactly the type of behavior that we should be rallying against.

The type of behavior we should be against is illegal or unsustainable behavior. The type of language we should be agains is divisive language. Just a thought.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrettAKSCI:
quote:
I think that the website www.collectafrica.com encapsulates exactly the type of behavior that we should be rallying against.

The type of behavior we should be against is illegal or unsustainable behavior. The type of language we should be agains is divisive language. Just a thought.

Brett

Roughly translated from Alaskan to English?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9977 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice website

quote:
Originally posted by NorthernOperationsAfrica:
quote:

Fair enough you are entitled to your opinion but if you read the write up correctly it is not solely for guys that are collecting species but we use the SCI awards system as a guideline to figure our where to focus for your next safari. rather than just returning back to the same country over and over again when there is such a vast number of countries, species and styles of hunting throughout Africa. it more than Just Zimbabwe, Tanzania and South Africa. Dont get me wrong I'm a Zimbabwean and love the Zambezi valley but glad that i have been able to hunt bongo with pygmies in the forests, leopard with the bushman in the Kalahari, walk for mile after LDE in the savannahs, spent a night out in the Swamps so I could be in place at first light to hunt Sitatunga.
Each of these have been an amazing and Unique experience that would never have happened if there wasn't a demand to hunt different species in different countries.
So it Not a case of "collecting Species" more of collecting different hunting experiences, going to different countries. If it wasn't for "collectors" countries like Ghana, Liberia and Congo would never have been opened for hunting and there would not be a sustainable value on the wildlife for the locals and we all know where that story ends.

Like I said you are welcome to your opinion but try be a little more open minded to the term Collector and what we aim to achieve.

tu2 Nothing like hunting in a "new" country.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2094 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

rxgremlin is exactly right ...

... and I would add that the SCI awards system is just as bad.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
Nice website

quote:
quote:

tu2 Nothing like hunting in a "new" country.

+ 1 Im more like a "country collector" myself! Rainforest, desert, savannah, svamp, mountain..Africa has soo much you can see..

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And I would agree with you whole heartedly except for the fact that website says nothing about having a great experience. It consists of a checklist of animals along with the SCI levels. The website is called "Collecting Africa" and describes itself as a concierge service. What kind of message does that send?

I am strongly pro hunting but as you yourself mentioned it should be about the experience, not the inches, not the checklist and not the SCI awards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

And I would agree with you whole heartedly except for the fact that website says nothing about having a great experience. It consists of a checklist of animals along with the SCI levels. The website is called "Collecting Africa" and describes itself as a concierge service. What kind of message does that send?

I am strongly pro hunting but as you yourself mentioned it should be about the experience, not the inches, not the checklist and not the SCI awards.

Once again you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not gonna get into an argument but this was Copied and pasted directly from the home page of the website:
COLLECT AFRICA, is here to help you achieve your African Hunting goals. Whether you are looking to complete the prestigious SCI Pinnacles, add to your personal plethora of hunting experiences, add to your personal plethora of hunting experiences, or just beginning your African Hunting program in the great dark continent. COLLECT AFRICA caters for the intricate and specialized species, like going from Northern Maasailand after the exclusive Roberts Gazelle, to scouring the CAR Savannahs for Yellow back duiker, or crawling through the Mozambican forests for Livingstone Suni. Or maybe you are after that dream "Tusker", that "Ultimate Trophy Buffalo" or just want to know where the best chances are for that "Unforgettable Trophy Lion". Either way COLLECT AFRICA is the one for you!!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
sorry but you lost me at "complete the prestigious SCI Pinnacles". i guess i am just a plain old hunter, not a collector. good luck though with those who are trying to fill punch lists.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13433 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Once again you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not gonna get into an argument but this was Copied and pasted directly from the home page of the website:
COLLECT AFRICA, is here to help you achieve your African Hunting goals. Whether you are looking to complete the prestigious SCI Pinnacles, add to your personal plethora of hunting experiences, add to your personal plethora of hunting experiences, or just beginning your African Hunting program in the great dark continent. COLLECT AFRICA caters for the intricate and specialized species, like going from Northern Maasailand after the exclusive Roberts Gazelle, to scouring the CAR Savannahs for Yellow back duiker, or crawling through the Mozambican forests for Livingstone Suni. Or maybe you are after that dream "Tusker", that "Ultimate Trophy Buffalo" or just want to know where the best chances are for that "Unforgettable Trophy Lion". Either way COLLECT AFRICA is the one for you!"

Having the word "experience" appear once on your home page is light years away from placing the emphasis on the experience of the hunt. Instead you have an entire page titled checklist which asks the client 1. what their long and short term goals are vis a vis winning SCI awards and 2. an actual checklist asking "what animals have you NOT hunted?" so that you can help them fill in the gaps in their collection.

Furthermore under the listing of countries you have simply put what animals can be found there (and perhaps only there). There isn't any mention of the wonders of hunting bongo with the pygmies or the challenge of hunting Lord Derby eland. Its all about where does one have the best chance of "collecting" one of these animals.

Please don't pretend that this company is nothing more than a clearinghouse for animals needed to complete one or more of SCI's "awards".

You asked me to keep an open mind but this requires opening it to the point that my brain falls out.

The sad thing is that you probably will get clients contacting you to help them achieve their goals in the most 'time effcient way' as you put it.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
NOA this brash advertisement would certainly rile any hunters who oppose the collecting of animals for medals. I suspect many here are more wanting of the experience.

The advert is dreadfully titled and could have been better presented and worded.

The safari is about dusty horizons and the acrid perfume of woodsmoke. The thud of drums and hooves.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9977 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Once again you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not gonna get into an argument but this was Copied and pasted directly from the home page of the website:
COLLECT AFRICA, is here to help you achieve your African Hunting goals. Whether you are looking to complete the prestigious SCI Pinnacles, add to your personal plethora of hunting experiences, add to your personal plethora of hunting experiences, or just beginning your African Hunting program in the great dark continent. COLLECT AFRICA caters for the intricate and specialized species, like going from Northern Maasailand after the exclusive Roberts Gazelle, to scouring the CAR Savannahs for Yellow back duiker, or crawling through the Mozambican forests for Livingstone Suni. Or maybe you are after that dream "Tusker", that "Ultimate Trophy Buffalo" or just want to know where the best chances are for that "Unforgettable Trophy Lion". Either way COLLECT AFRICA is the one for you!"

Having the word "experience" appear once on your home page is light years away from placing the emphasis on the experience of the hunt. Instead you have an entire page titled checklist which asks the client 1. what their long and short term goals are vis a vis winning SCI awards and 2. an actual checklist asking "what animals have you NOT hunted?" so that you can help them fill in the gaps in their collection.

Furthermore under the listing of countries you have simply put what animals can be found there (and perhaps only there). There isn't any mention of the wonders of hunting bongo with the pygmies or the challenge of hunting Lord Derby eland. Its all about where does one have the best chance of "collecting" one of these animals.

Please don't pretend that this company is nothing more than a clearinghouse for animals needed to complete one or more of SCI's "awards".

You asked me to keep an open mind but this requires opening it to the point that my brain falls out.

The sad thing is that you probably will get clients contacting you to help them achieve their goals in the most 'time effcient way' as you put it.

This offer is obviously for those who have done a whole lot of hunting and now want to go after certain species.
There are many reasons people hunt: meat, trophy, experience, fun, adventure and so on....
What is wrong with that?

I would certainly help to show tolerance towards the way other people hunt & travel.

Would you like to see the backyard-deer hunter to "rallying against" you because he doesn't understand why someone wants to hunt in Africa?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2094 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I swear some people are just not happy unless they are bitching and whining about something. This has driven many away from AR.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I swear some people are just not happy unless they are bitching and whining about something. This has driven many away from AR.

Amen

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by BrettAKSCI:
quote:

Brett

Roughly translated from Alaskan to English?

English: Why pile onto someone's company/business model just because you disagree? If it were illegal or unsustainable that would be different. What we're talking about is someone preaching division of our hunting ranks (we should be against this). Do I think collecting is for me? Not really. Am I prepared to look down my nose at other people or condemn the practice of collecting? No. Why should I? It's legal, so I will not poke my finger in someone else's eye just because I don't agree.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed has allowed these commercial posts in the general Africa hunting forum to prompt further discussion. As such I consider it fair game to comment on his website.

We are fighting a PR war against the antis over the future of hunting. Unfortunately hunters as a group lose when practices like "collecting" are brought to light. We need to be pushing conservation, sustainable practices and hunting
as a conservation tool.

One of the reasons that SCI has come under fire is that they have lost their focus from the mission of "first for hunters". Punching cards and vying for awards is an example of how we have strayed from the path.

There are many reasons that people hunt and I support the rights of people to hunt in the way
they choose. However I cringe when I see taking an animal to check a box on a list. The experience has now become secondary to getting results.

Unfortunately perception is reality these days. There is a certain percentage of people we cannot educate about hunting. They simply won't listen. However there is a good percentage of people who are receptive to hearing about the
positive aspects of hunting. These are the people we need to reach and I believe that if they saw this kind of website we would lose them.

My goal isn't to be decisive but to try to point out what kind of message this sends to the general public. Especially those people who would otherwise support us.

One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
The safari is about dusty horizons and the acrid perfume of woodsmoke. The thud of drums and hooves.[/QUOTE]

tu2 now THAT'S properly worded !

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of the reasons that SCI has come under fire is that they have lost their focus from the mission of "first for hunters". Punching cards and vying for awards is an example of how we have strayed from the path.
Slightly off topic but you blame SCI itself for this?... The SCI Awards program (started by members) has good intentions - encouraging hunters to travel further and more often - but it is poorly executed and not even that well-attended by members. Most SCI members couldn't give a toss about the award program.

Just saying...

Good words Andrew Baldry.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
quote:

Amen

+1

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Slightly off topic but you blame SCI itself for this?... The SCI Awards program (started by members) has good intentions - encouraging hunters to travel further and more often - but it is poorly executed and not even that well-attended by members. Most SCI members couldn't give a toss about the award program.

Just saying..."

Yes Matt that is what I am saying. SCI may have had the best intentions but we all know where that path can lead. The Collect Africa website specifically uses the SCI awards program to assess the hunters "goals". I believe the SCI award program even if it isn't followed by all members created the demand (or at least contriibutes to) to the practice of collecting animals.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Hunting anywhere was always partly about trophy hunting
Who goes for meat to Africa?
That is what makes it more challenging
Good for you Collect Africa

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
rxgremlin,
You seem to be convinced that this looks bad to the public as opposed to the means of hunting you practice. Not the case, the antis hate what you are doing just as much as they hate what I am doing, that is their MO, they hate hunting period. Doesn't matter how you do it, trophy hunters are as equally despised as the supposed meat hunter. You are fooling yourself to think that you are appeasing these people by changing the way you do things.

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 378 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Slightly off topic but you blame SCI itself for this?... The SCI Awards program (started by members) has good intentions - encouraging hunters to travel further and more often - but it is poorly executed and not even that well-attended by members. Most SCI members couldn't give a toss about the award program.

Just saying..."

Yes Matt that is what I am saying. SCI may have had the best intentions but we all know where that path can lead. The Collect Africa website specifically uses the SCI awards program to assess the hunters "goals". I believe the SCI award program even if it isn't followed by all members created the demand (or at least contriibutes to) to the practice of collecting animals.
Somehow I dont think SCI invented dead animal collections!!! rotflmo SCI Awards program is followed by a very small percentage of members. It's hard enough to get members to enter their animals in the record book, let alone participate in the Awards!!! (not that I do) Most members just want to see the world and enjoy some good hunting.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt there is a big difference between hunting and collecting. I'm referring to the practice of collecting animals to win awards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Matt there is a big difference between hunting and collecting. I'm referring to the practice of collecting animals to win awards.
Can one not hunt AND collect?

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are fighting a PR war against the antis over the future of hunting. Unfortunately hunters as a group lose when practices like "collecting" are brought to light. We need to be pushing conservation, sustainable practices and hunting
as a conservation tool.

Damn right that's true! tu2