THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    A Feather in the Cap of Africa Sky Guesthouse

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Feather in the Cap of Africa Sky Guesthouse
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted
First and foremost - this is not an attempt at cheap / easy advertising for anyone... I just want to relay my experience with Africa Sky Guesthouse to those interested in reading it.

As background - I've been using Africa Sky's facilities and services both personally and on a business level for several years now...

I'm definitely not their biggest or best client but every client that I've referred to them over the years was very happy with the service they received.

And from my own personal experience I have nothing negative to say about them. On the contrary...

A couple of weeks ago, on short notice, my wife and I decided to fly down to the Eastern Cape and visit my folks for a bit of R&R before "crazy season" starts.

So I emailed Leoni at Africa Sky, explained to her that we needed accommodation for one night, a transfer service to JNB, a "Parking Service" while we were away and a pick-up from the airport upon our return...

This was all arranged quickly and efficiently via email...

Shortly before our departure to Johannesburg, we had some rain up here in Limpopo so by the time we arrived at Africa Sky, the rain, combined with the dirt roads that I'd been traveling on in the preceding weeks caused my Pickup to look pretty "interesting" when I parked it at Africa Sky...

Yet, when we were collected (right on time) last night by their driver (Willard) and arrived back at Africa Sky to collect my vehicle, we found it freshly washed and ready for the trip back home...

Little touches such as these make them a pleasure to work with and I gladly put a "feather in their caps" for outstanding service and doing that little extra to make guests feel special..

Well done Schutte, Deirdre and staff on a job greatly done!

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've stayed with them 3 times and would not even consider staying anywhere else. Fantastic place.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I stayed there for the first time in August. Having used other B&B's in Jo'burg that cater to hunters I was very impressed with Africa Sky. Everything was very nice.

Mike

Posts: 21366 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
the whole staff is just the best- top notch outfit for sure...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice, but did you tip?

Cool

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I use them anytime I have a stopover in Jo'berg. The best I have found.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't use them preferring to use the City Lodge which is much handier as it is right on the airport proper requiring no van transfer. Some of my clients have stayed at Africa Sky and have been very please with their experience and consider them top notch.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12915 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Nice, but did you tip?

Cool

Yes

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I stayed at Africa Sky August 2016. Very nice. Ivan Carter and Johan Calitz were both there at the same time I was. They do have a very nice set up for hunters. My only complaint was the "bar area" was open to the weather and it was very cold when I was there. Not very productive for sitting around drinking beers.

That said, next time its gun service (if I even take a gun again) and either the Intercontinental or City Lodge, preferably Intercontinental. Both right at the airport. Can easily get the train right from the airport to Sandton or Rosebank.

Posts: 756 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
...the rain, combined with the dirt roads that I'd been traveling on in the preceding weeks caused my Pickup to look pretty "interesting" when I parked it at Africa Sky...

Yet, when we were collected (right on time) last night by their driver (Willard) and arrived back at Africa Sky to collect my vehicle, we found it freshly washed and ready for the trip back home...

Maybe it was the embarrassment and negative publicity having a grubby-looking vehicle parked on their front porch Big Grin

Posts: 1927 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Yes great people and service and always look forward to staying there. We also direct all of our clients there.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 871 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It is always great to hear of an establishment giving good service, as they should.

All the best to them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67324 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
...the rain, combined with the dirt roads that I'd been traveling on in the preceding weeks caused my Pickup to look pretty "interesting" when I parked it at Africa Sky...

Maybe it was the embarrassment and negative publicity having a grubby-looking vehicle parked on their front porch Big Grin

You might want to get yourself a copy of this...

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
African Sky has always taken good care of my family and I.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The wife and I spent two nights with them in 2015, going to and coming from hunting, and it was wonderful. When we left the second time "Queen" came outside and gave the wife and I each a hug and said "I wish more people like you would come stay with us". I'm not sure what the exact meaning was, I was afraid to ask, but it meant a lot to us. We're planning on going again probably in 2018 and will stay there again.

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With Quote