New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zim money now backed by Gold.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I hope it works for them. Ironically the country with the worse inflation in world history might pave the way for the most stable money system post Nixon taking the USA off the gold standard.

https://www.zerohedge.com/cryp...token-payment-method

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Digital tokens backed by physical gold held in the bank's reserves...

Will be interesting to see how the physical gold in bank reserves is audited and verified, as well as whether this helps stem Zim's inflation. I hope it works.

Posts: 447 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baker458:
Digital tokens backed by physical gold held in the bank's reserves...

Will be interesting to see how the physical gold in bank reserves is audited and verified, as well as whether this helps stem Zim's inflation. I hope it works.

Yeah,....what could ever go wrong with the government holding physical gold reserves in Zimbabwe???? Roll Eyes

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonder from where the govt intends obtaining the gold, and by what means if will be paid for. This almost seems like some sort of scam but perhaps that's harsh. Wonder what the govt's motivation is ? Can't be sudden sympathy for the plight of common people as they've never given a shit about them anyway. Questions .... questions ....

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2082 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So how soon can I cash that 100 billion dollar bill I have from Zim in for gold????

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lining pockets is the basic African policy..gonna end up with a lot of the indigenous gentlemen driving new cars and living in flush homes with no windows! Wink

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Nothing Zim has tried since black rule started has worked, so why would this? Confused

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 403 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
So how soon can I cash that 100 billion dollar bill I have from Zim in for gold????

That's hardly anything - I brought home a 100 trillion, 50 trillion, 20 trillion and all the billions - it was a shade under $280 Trillion as I recall.....Good conversation pieces.

Jeff

Posts: 93 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 07 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff P:
quote:

That's hardly anything - I brought home a 100 trillion, 50 trillion, 20 trillion and all the billions - it was a shade under $280 Trillion as I recall.....Good conversation pieces.

Wow, convert those to dollars and you'd be a dozenaire!

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10438 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Convert them to dollars and maybe you could buy a loaf of bread and a gallon of gas…

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Convert them to dollars and maybe you could buy a loaf of bread and a gallon of gas…

They wouldn’t…

…exactly why they ditched them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wasn't it one billion Zim dollars for a six pack awhile back? I'm glad they've recovered I wish the U.S. would go back on the gold standard too.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4772 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
quote:

Wasn't it one billion Zim dollars for a six pack awhile back? I'm glad they've recovered I wish the U.S. would go back on the gold standard too.

The Money Printer’s Union (D) vehemently opposes that action!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote