THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Namibia Rifle Import Permit - pre-fill?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia Rifle Import Permit - pre-fill?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JohnCrighton
posted
Any reason to have the import permit filled out and ready prior to landing? If so, what should I NOT fill out until I get in the presence of the authorities?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 555 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 09 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
IIf you do it ahead of time, nake sure you have the physical adress/ranch name of where you'll be hunting. I had a minor snafu to learn that "posbus" is the equivalent of "PO Box".

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
I have mine filled out completely. Don't see any reason to have to worry about it when exiting the plane. While everyone else is filling out their forms I will be first in line.

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I filled mine out completely beforehand both times.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you just fill out the simpe single page one
that says across the top Namibian Police Application for Import /Export??

THANKS

one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chopper12:
Did you just fill out the simpe single page one
that says across the top Namibian Police Application for Import /Export??

THANKS

Funny you should ask. I actually filled out two forms. One sent by my booking agent and one sent by my travel agent. Both VERY similar and only one page - each taking about 2 minutes to fill out. Namibian officials didn't seem to give a flip which one.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Greensboro, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In June of 05 I hunted plains game in Niambia.
It took all of 10 min to clear the rifles. The officer in charge was very friendly and made it clear they were happy I had chosen to hunt there.
He even told me that my PH was on the way and would arrive shortly. I had downloaded the form and followed instructions. No need to stress!!! It not like dealing with RSA. No shake downs no hassle.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
Picture of JohnCrighton
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 555 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 09 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too suggest you fill it out completely before walking into the office. I showed up in Windhoek with the form filled out at the same time as some one who hadn't filled his out. The official in charge decided to stage a morality play for the gathered customs officials. I got the role of Good Foreigner, while the other guy became Bad Foreigner. Quite a show of third world officidom was put on and I enjoyed my role a lot more than Bad Foreigner. I only saw the openning act though and I'm sure I was half way to the hunting area before they were through with BF.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I filled both out while waiting in line...no problems!
Robert

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a link to the form,just so I can see if I have the right one??

THANKS

One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
http://www.fultonclassicsafaris.com/images/NamibiaGuns.pdf

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THANKS

That is the one that I have.

THANKS AGAIN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
John,

Fill it out.......but Namibia is a breeze compared to RSA.

The head of airport security checked my guns and remaining ammo on the way out in 2006 and asked why I had so little ammo left. My PH, Mike Kibble, jokingly said it was because I was a terrible shot and proceeded to get a polite dressing down by the black guy, saying hunters were great for tourism and he shouldn't say those sort of things! thumb

I had been shooting baboons, hence virtually no ammo Wink

Verbera!, Iugula!, Iugula!!!

Blair.

Posts: 8808 | Location: Sydney, Australia. | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote