THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    need to know what buff in Doma is like?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need to know what buff in Doma is like?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dear all, i have had a last minute offer on buffalo in the Doma area with Ben Kotze. Is there any advice anyone can give me about Ben and the area?

I have had plenty of PG in RSA, but this is my first DG hunt.

thanks so much for the advice.

cheers, tm

"one of the most common african animals is the common coolerbok(or coleman's coolerbok). Many have been domesticated and can be found in hunting camps, lodges and in the back of vehicles."

Posts: 252 | Location: Singapore | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Doma Safari area is the escarpment country to the south of Dande south , south east of Chewore south and east of Lowveld hunters Mukwishi area.
Doma is well known for Sable but the fact that it is surrounded by such great Buff areas, one would imagine it would also hold good Buffalo.
I would think there should be quite a few springs in that part of the Zambezi so the Buffalo would be found not far away during the dryer late season.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I hunted Doma a few years back when it was still offered to local hunters on auction. It is a beautiful area with some amazing views. Our hunt was in September and National Parks had burnt out a lot of the area. The buffalo populations were pretty good at the time but the hunting was quite hard due to the constant swirling wind, lack of cover in some areas due to the burn and high grass in other areas.I have hunted extensively throughout most of Zim and have yet to experience encounters with lions as we did on this hunt including frequent raids into our camp. You will need to be very fit to really enjoy your hunt as the terrain is mostly very steep / hilly. Hope this info helps.

Posts: 10 | Location: The Dark Continent | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Only place I have ever hunted Elephant in the mountains. Didn't even know they could go such places as I saw them go. Good Buffalo but really hard hunting for me. LOTS of huffing and puffing and not just by me. Sable were really extra nice. All I took was a nice Bushbuck for camp meat. Not for lack of trying or lack of game. Lost an Elephant when he made it across the boundary. Couldn't follow.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It used to be good, but I have heard that the bush meat market has hurt it real bad,

I know they literally killed everything at Chinoyi and thats just South of Doma but pretty close...

To you for what its worth, and I am just passing on hearsay..I have no way of knowing if its true or false information.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zimbabwe:
Only place I have ever hunted Elephant in the mountains. Didn't even know they could go such places as I saw them go. Good Buffalo but really hard hunting for me. LOTS of huffing and puffing and not just by me.

That sounds a lot like Makuti in the Escarpment areas. I haven't been to Doma yet.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote