THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Where IS The Outrage Against POACHING??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where IS The Outrage Against POACHING??
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Bloody hypocrites!

Everyone and his dog was having a go at the hunter who shot "cecil".

Now, the silence is DEAFENING!!

Does anyone know what the word HYPOCRACY means??

Do, I don't suppose they do, living the bullshit state of PC!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Saeed:
I've asked this of you in the past when you make few passing comments on poaching and poisoning elephants but make hundreds against the Tanzania PH, MS. I would hope your anger would be directed towards poachers and the antis rather than toward a fellow PH and hunter.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone who could do that to an animal should be summarily hung by a wire snare or shot. I'd be more than happy to carry out either.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
From an anti-hunter's perspective, the major differences between poaching and trophy hunting are as follows:

(1) perpetrator isn't involved in either trophy poaching or canned poaching (vs. trophy hunting or canned hunting),
(2) perpetrator is probably a poor black South African or Mozambican (vs. a rich white American),
(3) perpetrator didn't feel joy when he set the snare (whereas a trophy hunter feels joy when he pulls the rifle's trigger),
(4) perpetrator is perceived as attempting to feed and/or financially support his family (vs. hunting for a hobby),
(5) perpetrator will not receive an award for killing the biggest or most trophy animals,
(6) perpetrator doesn't post trophy photos on social media, and
(7) Pieter K and Johnny R don't experience increased donations when they post photos of poached lion (vs. trophy hunted lion) on their social media.

Hey, please don't shoot the messenger! I am just sharing the anti-hunter's perspective (based on my many debates with rabid anti-hunters). Almost without exception, the common themes are trophy hunting, canned hunting, rich Americans, joy in taking an animal's life, awards issued by international hunting organizations, photos of trophy hunters posing next to dead animals, etc.

Oh, by the way, our ole friend, Pieter K, has doubled down by playing the "canned lion hunting" card (Bubye Valley Conservancy). Go figure!

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Poaching is a two-tier problem. The big leagues are perceived to be the ivory and rhino horn poachers, and as is typical in Africa they are very small cogs in a much bigger wheel. The bushmeat poachers are probably worse in terms of sheer numbers.

Countries like Zimbabwe have hefty penalties for trafficking in ivory or horn - one guy was just sentenced to 35 years hard labor. But what are the motivations? I think it's mostly a "hey Fish and Wildlife, look what we're doing, now lift the ivory import ban" rather than a genuine concern for wildlife. The reason for this, of course, is that corrupt governments are behind or at least involved in the poaching cartels.

Therein lies the real problem; most African governments outraged against poaching would have to direct that outrage against themselves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Painted with the same brush - no distinction between poachers and hunters.

"Park rangers believe hunters may have laid the snare in the hope of catching smaller animals for food."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It boils down to character and morality, and sadly enough these important traits are disappearing from our self centered society.

I mean, think about it........In the US the liberal democrat party, along with 40-50% of the population think nothing of supporting the murdering of millions of unborn babies every single year (thanks Planned Parenthood), and this practice is endorsed and commended by Hitlery and our bottom feeding POTUS. Given this fact, why would you believe anyone gives a ratsazzz about poached animals?

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
its called the liberal press

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Selective Outrage.
With hunters they see the individual, there are pictures & names.
Poachers are anonymous.
Plus, the color of their skin makes condemnation not pc.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
And hardly a whisper about the poisoning of the most photographed lions on the planet - the Marsh Lions of the Mara.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9972 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
Funny how journalist cannot distinguish between legal hunting and illegal hunting (poaching) I am very sure that the ranger said poaching and not hunting, they know what it is all about. Guess freedom of speech is busy taking the wrong road by misleading the readers.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the USA the press is mostly liberal and is quick to inflame the public when events fall into the liberal agenda (gun control, animal rights, immigrant plight, etc).

But when truly horrible events occur that support conservative agendas, the press mostly downplays or ignores these events entirely.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
A known and affluent Minnesota dentist is an easy target.

Easier than anonymous and dirt poor African poachers.

Even easier than their anonymous and affluent Chinese masters.

The truth is, there is precious little enforcement against poaching in the third world.

No dent will be made against poaching unless and until the poachers at every level are apprehended, named, prosecuted and imprisoned.

I'm not holding my breath until that happens.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13654 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaco Human:
Funny how journalist cannot distinguish between legal hunting and illegal hunting (poaching) I am very sure that the ranger said poaching and not hunting, they know what it is all about. Guess freedom of speech is busy taking the wrong road by misleading the readers.

It is not just the idiots in the media either.

How about the idioms running the governments in the West making their own rules, and ignoring CITES??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about the idioms running the governments in the West making their own rules, and ignoring CITES??

You're pissed because they ignore CITES & rightly so.
I am WAAAAAY more pissed because they ignore our constitution & try to diminish our rights as free citizens!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew hit the nail on the head as always. What do we do about the pastoralists poisoning predators, or the poachers poisoning vultures? No one likes my solution -- the only solution.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't fit their agenda. Plain and simple.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bowing to the baying masses does not lead to good outcomes. I can think of many examples. That right there is the problem with democracy ... too many ill-informed useful idiots voting. True in the developed countries and especially true in the undeveloped ones. The founders called it mob rule. We bankrupt ourselves trying to impose this silly system on other countries.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cajun1956:
From an anti-hunter's perspective, the major differences between poaching and trophy hunting are as follows:

(1) perpetrator isn't involved in either trophy poaching or canned poaching (vs. trophy hunting or canned hunting),
(2) perpetrator is probably a poor black South African or Mozambican (vs. a rich white American),
(3) perpetrator didn't feel joy when he set the snare (whereas a trophy hunter feels joy when he pulls the rifle's trigger),
(4) perpetrator is perceived as attempting to feed and/or financially support his family (vs. hunting for a hobby),
(5) perpetrator will not receive an award for killing the biggest or most trophy animals,
(6) perpetrator doesn't post trophy photos on social media, and
(7) Pieter K and Johnny R don't experience increased donations when they post photos of poached lion (vs. trophy hunted lion) on their social media.

This is spot on. And we should remember/understand this when we comunicate/conduct our sport.

Good Hunting

CF

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaco Human:

It is not just the idiots in the media either.

Cannot agree more, Then you also have corrupt countries that are bribed by the antis to vote against hunting. Usually this countries do not have a stake in what is happening in Africa but they have a say. Since CITES allowed NGO's to join them the problems started, they might not have voting rights, but they have lobbying powers and lots of money to bribe corrupt officials.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote