New
Find
Notify
Tools

lion hunt offer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got A call from one of my clients today about 2 lions offered on AR to be hunted, I don't have much details on it but cant find the offer anyone know about it? he said it was close to Kruger and is interested in it PM if someone knows more thanks.

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Marius had it listed, from my understanding it was his belief that they were problem lions being taken out of Krueger and taken to a game farm to be hunted, it turns out they are captive breed lion that were never in Kruger just lions on a game farm to be hunted and he withdrew the offer.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brain Clark, thanks!

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
once again, clients apparently lied to about the origin of their "problem" lion.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I removed it at his request.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
it's good to know that the outfitter, once apprised of the real situation, stepped up and did the right thing. kudos to Marius. tu2

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13449 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Gentleman,
First of all to Saeed, thank you for your speedy response rate on removing the post. You have no idea how much problems I have had to deal with. I am in debt to you, sir.

The simple fact that I got overly excited that we could possibly offer a wild lion hunt, and that in South Africa on top of that, and try and for once be competitive with the rest of Africa regarding lion hunts, got the better of me. We have to compete with a couple of thousand other outfits and tried to get in on this before anyone else. The correct info was supplied to me, I totally misunderstood what was said.
With my experience, I should have realized that what I was typing could not be correct.
My current understanding is that this is still a legal hunt for a free roam lion on a high fenced private property, and not captive bred.
However, I have cut all ties with this offer and people. I have no idea where the lions are whatsoever. I could not offer this hunt now, even if I wanted to.
I don't want my brand to be associated with anything suspicious. My past hunters will attest that I am a bit obsessive compulsive
when it comes to my reputation.
I always do my homework so carefully and am dumbstruck how I could let this happen.

My sincerest apologies for this.
Saying that I feel like a total unprofessional fool and is an understatement.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1419 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of infinito
posted Hide Post
Marius, please let me and/or Phillip know who this person is offering the hunt. It is right in our back yard, and we would like to know what is going on. If you do not wish to divulge the info on the forum please email or PM us.

Regards,

Posts: 2018 | Location: South Africa,Tanzania & Uganda | Registered: 15 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marius/ Charl, sorry I did not know that the hunt was deleted just followed up on it as one of my clients was I interested I did not even see the ad.

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen , I've been hunting this area close to Kruger for more than 20 years , I live here and raise my family in this wonderful part of South Africa . One or 2 issues need to be adressed.
Firstly , there are indeed oppertunities to legally hunt non captive bred lions in the area .
Limited permits are available inside the private game reserves that border the park. This is true free range lion hunting. Like any free range lion hunting today , it comes at a price. From time to time , limited permits will be issued to ranches and areas bordering the park. Now , what happens is that outfitters from other parts of South Africa phone around looking for " a deal " They then invariably get hooked up with some dodgy character who promises them a "sailfish in the pond in the backyard". Outfitters and hunters alike : if it sounds to good to be true , it normally is. And here's the problem , the outfitter , thinking he got a smokin deal , now goes to his trusting client and offers him this hunt , saying " it is my concession "
Outfitters , Check whom you are dealing with , you owe it to your client , and yourself. Ask for refferences . This holds true not only for Lion but also Buffalo and Elephant inside the APNR. I've had an unknown PH trying to sell my own Elephant qouta in the APNR to me , at less what I'm paying for it ! was he surprised when I told him that I have the legal concession to hunt there ! If you book a Buffalo hunt , make sure if its a fenced area or inside one of the reserves . You can still have a good hunt on one of the high fenced ranches , as long as its big enough.It is much cheaper and thats good , but make sure you know what kind of hunt you are about to have . To say that you will be hunting Buffalo in the " greater kruger area " on a ranch means your still hunting a ranch , regardless where it is. It is legal to hunt Buffalo on fenced areas as small as 400 ha.

This said , This is a wonderful part of the country to hunt , do your homework and have a great Safari.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jan Dumon:
Gentlemen , I've been hunting this area close to Kruger for more than 20 years , I live here and raise my family in this wonderful part of South Africa . One or 2 issues need to be adressed.
Firstly , there are indeed oppertunities to legally hunt non captive bred lions in the area .
Limited permits are available inside the private game reserves that border the park. This is true free range lion hunting. Like any free range lion hunting today , it comes at a price. From time to time , limited permits will be issued to ranches and areas bordering the park. Now , what happens is that outfitters from other parts of South Africa phone around looking for " a deal " They then invariably get hooked up with some dodgy character who promises them a "sailfish in the pond in the backyard". Outfitters and hunters alike : if it sounds to good to be true , it normally is. And here's the problem , the outfitter , thinking he got a smokin deal , now goes to his trusting client and offers him this hunt , saying " it is my concession "
Outfitters , Check whom you are dealing with , you owe it to your client , and yourself. Ask for refferences . This holds true not only for Lion but also Buffalo and Elephant inside the APNR. I've had an unknown PH trying to sell my own Elephant qouta in the APNR to me , at less what I'm paying for it ! was he surprised when I told him that I have the legal concession to hunt there ! If you book a Buffalo hunt , make sure if its a fenced area or inside one of the reserves . You can still have a good hunt on one of the high fenced ranches , as long as its big enough.It is much cheaper and thats good , but make sure you know what kind of hunt you are about to have . To say that you will be hunting Buffalo in the " greater kruger area " on a ranch means your still hunting a ranch , regardless where it is. It is legal to hunt Buffalo on fenced areas as small as 400 ha.

This said , This is a wonderful part of the country to hunt , do your homework and have a great Safari.

Sounds like you've done this before Jan? Smiler

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Could not agree more well done Jan for setting the record staight

Posts: 15 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 30 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:
Originally posted by Jan Dumon:

Sounds like you've done this before Jan? Smiler

Once or twice.... Wink

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote