THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: Buff Hunt II --Hunt Details--Costing--Member Poll

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Buff Hunt II --Hunt Details--Costing--Member Poll
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Quote:

I think that the primary reason that many (including me) think the observer option is good is that he/she will be (hopefully) videoing the experience so that all us prospective losers will get to "share" the experience via DVD.

If you are worried about taking a "stranger", just buy an extra ticket in the name of your proposed hunting buddy or wife or whomever. If the rules so provide, and I so suggest, that the winner gets to pick from those who entered, much of the problem would be solved..

Whatever is decided, let's go ahead and do it! We can't all have our druthers, but the chance to get to Africa for a DG hunt pales the negatives, IMHO.

I couldn't agree more. Yes I would love to hunt more animals but that's not the object here. It's not about how many animals we can kill but about everyone chipping in to send someone (picked at random) to go on a very special hunt. It's not a means to an end but an end in itself. The experience of it all. Think of the trophy quality you could end up with given almost 2 weeks to hunt one animal, not to mention all the other things you might see. Also, it will be a great opportunity to meet new friends or reaquaint with old ones. I for one don't know anybody here yet (hopefully I will make it to the Houston show and meet a few of you) so if I were to win I would welcome the opportunity to make a new friend. Good luck all.

Posts: 144 | Location: Boiling Springs, SC, USA | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
<BWN300MAG>
posted
Being that I am but a lowly college student, I will promise one purchase and try to make it two or three.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll take 3.

I also think that if the winner wants to use the observer portion for more trophy fees then they should be allowed to. A potential once-in-a-lifetime opertunity shouldn't be about a observer.

Posts: 179 | Location: Boise, ID | Registered: 16 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in for 3 tickets.

Posts: 51 | Location: RSA | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote