Find
Notify
Tools

CITIES ????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Uglystick
posted
I am going back to Tanzania in 2007. I am going for some plains game and Buff, but the main focus will be Elephant and Leopard.

I want to get all my ducks in a row so I am asking what do I have to do to secure the CITIES permits??? I plan on using a taxidermist in Zimbabwe. I have heard that I will have to get a permit just to ship these animals from Tanzania to Zim and then another permit to ship them to the USA?? Confused

ANY INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANKS

Posts: 173 | Location: Jackman MAINE USA | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
...I guess they are both on Appendix I and you might also need an US Fish and Wildlife import permit. Not sure about prior shiping to Zim ...some usefull info:

Importing your Leopard or Ele

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
You need a USFWS cites permit to bring it back to the USA. As for transporting within the countries of Africa, your safari/shipping company should be able to take care of that for you

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both are CITES appendix I from TZ so need an TZ export permit and a Zim import permit. When taxidermy work is finished, the Zim taxidermist needs the TZ export permit to get them to the USA. Since we have alot of trophies from the region processed here your local taxidermist will take care of the paperwork from our end. It isn't a hassel, but you still need the proper CITES export permits from TZ

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uglystick
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys, this will be my 3rd trip to Africa to hunt. The preperation and getting the stuff back always seems the hardest.
The actual hunt is a vacation.

Posts: 173 | Location: Jackman MAINE USA | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote