Find
Notify
Tools

Razor Dobbs in DSC CampTalk???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
I was just flipping through CampTalk and I almost sure Razor Dobbs is pictured on page 8 for the membership drive prize hunt at Indianhead Ranch. Are my eyes going bad on me, or is that the "manly" hunter that treks through Africa in his beret, ponytail and snakeboots?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Razor Dobbs is bad for hunting.
Bloody Clown.

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by African Hunters Quest:
Bloody Clown.

tu2

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bloody Clown.

Pardon my ignorance, but who the hell is Razor Dobbs?????? It is evident he is not amoung the hunters I know, but I don't claim to know all hunters!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
Bloody Clown.

Pardon my ignorance, but who the hell is Razor Dobbs?????? It is evident he is not amoung the hunters I know, but I don't claim to know all hunters!

Mac,
When I looked this up I thought is was a spoof - like the skits from the old Saturday Night Live.

Unfortunately it is real.

Check this out:

Click Here for Razor Dobbs website

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
Bloody Clown.

Mac,
When I looked this up I thought is was a spoof - like the skits from the old Saturday Night Live.

Unfortunately it is real.

Check this out:

Click Here for Razor Dobbs website

I see what you mean Doc! Now I know why I don't know him! thumbdown

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Can I post WTF here?

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From his website: NEWS: RAZOR DOBBS WINS “BEST ON AIR TALENT” AWARD

At some point in the future this moment will be noted as the beginning on the decline of American civilization. killpc

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Decline of Civilization in General
He is the modern day Chuck Barras

Complete Bloody Wanker

Posts: 305 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 13 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
From his website: NEWS: RAZOR DOBBS WINS “BEST ON AIR TALENT” AWARD

At some point in the future this moment will be noted as the beginning on the decline of American civilization. killpc
rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
I could not believe some of his sponsors Confused

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
this guy gives new meaning to the term" BFI"( BEGINS WITH BLOODY, ENDS WITH IDIOT)

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13403 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, you didn't think the intellectual void left by the departure of mark sullivan would remain uninhabited too long; now did you? Did you?

We live in the most wonderful country in the world, despite a few dingleberries on the rectal area of America...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
I endured one his his videos in which he hunted the Save conservancy (Senuko with Gordon Duncan) The charge video with the Elephant which Gordon put down at 3 yards is one of the best you will see, but other than that it was pretty mundane. Razor does have a rather wild approach which doesnt endear him to viewers

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I'd agree that this guy screams to be made fun of and that it's not my brand of hunting show, but I think the bad for hunting stuff is a bit much. Even if he is the cousin that no one speaks of he's still part of the family. How about he's just not my taste.........in spades!!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Well, you didn't think the intellectual void left by the departure of mark sullivan........despite a few dingleberries on the rectal area of America...

Rich,

Since Mark's newest pair of hunting boots have probably seen more hunting action in Africa than you, I, and many of the other posters on here how about you just say he's not your style and you'd prefer to hunt with someone who hunts completely differently like..........Ivan Carter! Roll Eyes I suppose that would be the classy thing to do.......

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to have been clued in on this bozo.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16633 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Upton O. Good
posted Hide Post
quote:
BFI"( BEGINS WITH BLOODY, ENDS WITH IDIOT)

I like that, I'm going to use here in the States, it'll throw everyone off.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
I'm very sorry to have been clued in on this bozo.

yuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I followed the link to his website. It says you can hunt pigs with him. There was a quote of $4500 to hunt with him. It just wasn't clear if you had to pay or if Razor payed you. I think he would have to pay me more than $4500 to spend 3 days with him.

Posts: 88 | Location: Reno, NV | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Getting back to what the original post was asking....Is it true that DSC is featuring a hunt wiht him as part of a membership drive?

If so, somebody at DSC must be impressed with him and/or that it will attract his fan base to their organization.

Wonder how that will play out?

Posts: 3277 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not my brand of entertainment, but he's actually a really nice guy.

He's a former Ted Nugent "roadie", if that helps explain his style.

Posts: 990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DCS member and Matt Norman: No, a hunt with Razor Dobbs is not a prize in our membership drive. I did not see his photo in Camp Talk (my eyes may be going bad, too).

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ah, makes sense now...

I could have gone my whole life without knowing he existed but alas that's not to be...

One of Us
Picture of KPete
posted Hide Post
I like the ubiquitous beret.

A person might guess that Razor's either channeling his inner Parisian or he's an Army Special Forces veteran. Now don't ask me why, but I somehow doubt the latter. So that leaves us with the prospect that he was a Maurice Chevalier impersonator before he hitched up with Ted Nugent. And it would also explain why he legally changed his first name from 'Kermit' to 'Razor' back in 2004.

(Okay, I made up the part about Kermit, but the rest has me curious...)

Kim

Merkel Double .470 NE
Whitworth Express .375 H&H
Griffin & Howe .275 Rigby
Winchester M70 (pre-64) .30-06 & .270

"Cogito ergo venor" René Descartes on African Safari

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
The Nugent link explains a great deal.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16633 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodhits:
Not my brand of entertainment, but he's actually a really nice guy.

He was interviewed on Huntcast and actually came across and being quite pleasant. However he does have a bit of that unfortunate 'nature is out to get you at all times' / machismo attitude but I guess it sells and thats how he makes money...

The fact that the hunting community eats that theatrical stuff up is perhaps the most concerning.

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Not all the of the hunting community eats this stuff up. I don't watch any of the hunting shows anymore, not even the African stuff.

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't mean to say that I thought DSC was endorsing Razor. I just saw the picture of him in the membership drive ad. He cracks me up, in a bad way, but...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote