New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just ordered some Bridger Bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Saw that there website was up in a thread here. When I went to the site, low and behold, their design is similar to that I used in hard-cast lead in my 44mag 629 when I used a handgun for all of my hunting. Based on my experiece with that shape, I see why others here look so favorably on them.

One component closer to making my trip to Africa - at this rate, my hope is within 5 years I'll be there

Posts: 59 | Location: USA | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Please let us know how they shoot!

I tested some GS Custom bullets of similar design, and they shot extremely well in my 416 Rem. I would suggest that you consider moly coating them. The driving band lessen fouling, and the moly lessens it even more.

Good luck,

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will do. Soon as I get them, I'll be off to the range with chrono and 416 in tow. I have to try to remeber the digital camera to take photos of the targets.
Stay well,
Paul

Posts: 59 | Location: USA | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having shot several Cape Buffalo with them last year I can tell you that they are the finest solid every made IMO...

I agree molycoating would be nice..Maybe I will bring that up next time I talk to John...

I will be testing some in my .470 Searcy double as soon as the weather permits..

Posts: 41926 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also have decided to get some and have ordered the following:
300 gr .366
300 gr .375
500 gr .458
600 gr .510
I will get them tomorrow from John

Steve

Posts: 439 | Location: Kansas by way of Colorado and Montana | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny someone would ask about moly. John let me shoot some prototype Bridgers with moly and I told him there is no need for moly because no one wants it! Probably I was wrong there.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote