New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got back Last night
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Got back from an awsome trip last night, and will try to get pictures posted in the next day or two when I can find where I packed the SD card. Hunted 10 days with Sebra Hunting Safaris in Namibia. The entire area was was low fenced free ranging game. First hunting day I shot a very clean Harrtmans stallion, day 4 I shot a nice gemsbok 40.5" and 39.5" with 8 and 8.5 inch bases. Day 6 was a 51" Kudu with 12" bases. in some of the interveening time I called in and shot a Jakel, adn shot a large male baboon who ran off a couple of other gemsbok that I had been watching coming into a waterhole infront of my blind. When I find the card in my bags I'll post some of the pictures

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the Hunt.

Post pics....

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How are Jan, Mariesje and the kids doing? does Jan still wear the Blackhawk 44 mag on his hip everywhere? Those two Boerbulls are huge aren't they? The male Ruger isn't one I'd like to piss off!

Posts: 223 | Location: close but no cigar | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They're all doing well, yeah he still has that blackhawk. Love those dogs, Ruger wasn't doing to well he's tangled with a couple of snakes in that past couple months Jan thinks one of them may have been a cobra he killed a few days before we arrived. The other of the dogs may be a different one from when you went another boerbull named barbie or bobby depending on your accent she thought her place to be wa in my lap especially if I was on the ground.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
That´s a GREAT gemsbok !!
Congrats thumb
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had a great hunt. Looking forward to the pics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wasn't the bitch named "Boddie" she was a pup When I was hunting with the Du Plessis'.The days before I got there Ruger had a fight with a gemsbuck bull...the bull had run a horn into his flank... Ruger was sore as hell. On day 2 we found the oryx bull not far from the first stock tank all torn up and Jan finished him with his 8x68. By looking at Ruger and the oryx I would say the Oryx got the worst of the fight.
Jan an I saw a spitting cobra one morning on the lane going up to the lodge on the way out to hunt in his Mercedes truck....GOSH!!! isn't that truck some piece of equipment?
I'm off to Tanzania in August to hunt buff or I'd be back there this year. Next time you write Jan an Maresje tell them the Rev. says HEY!

Posts: 223 | Location: close but no cigar | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote
<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
If you've got a picture of a Boerbull, I'd like to see that as well. I have no idea what one looks like.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
HFKATH,

See here...http://www.boerboelsa.co.za/what.html

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote