New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Uganda
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw a quick mention that hunting is closed or closing in Uganda. Can anyone verify this with facts.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Ed

There's THIS but don't hold your breath on it being permanent or perhaps even accurate.

It's not the first time the GD have pulled this stroke and it probably won't be the last........ I'm sure the operators will be disputing the situation with a considerable degree of alacrity. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a current thread referencing Derek Joubert in an October 2014 PHASA press release and a quote he made in an article in National Geographic about Uganda closing hunting.

The National Geographic article was written in November 2010 and I believe that hunting in Uganda did close briefly in 2011 but I can assure that it is now open as I was hunting there a week ago.

There was also no mention or concern of hunting being closed in the near future by the outfitter.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I was there in 2011 or so but whenever the previous ban was announced and it lasted all of several hours and didn't cost us any hunting time at all. Wink