New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: OoA break-up?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I think even the hint of scandal like that should be looked at closely. SCI should just say no thanks we cant accept your donation at this time. If they are found guilty then definitely ban them. If not then no harm done. Unfortunately money is the real issue here. You can say what you want about ethics but unless you back up what you say it is meaningless. You should behave the same wether someone is watching or not. I think there are more than a few people who have some explaining to do.

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where is Mickey, Ganyana, or any of the rest of you guys who are usually tuned in to Zim? Steve, any rumours floating around RSA?

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
Matt Norman

Not wanting to appear tooooooo sarcastic BUT one wonders if there will be an official [ Zimbabwe Wildlife Government ] delegation at the upcoming SCI show in Reno to answer all the difficult questions, and will the government (fat bellies) eat the treats, enjoy the short lived fame, promise the earth, and return back home again wiser and fatter and not out of pocket

I really dont like to be negative and would love to be made a fool of and proved wrong BUT I am forever sceptical until things actually change in deed and not in word alone. Having said that I believe SCI also needs to come to the party and be more open about Zimbabwe and the true situation on the ground, I believe they owe the truth to their paying members and the general hunting public at large. I would hate SCI to get caught up in a money grabbing politically correct trap/snare

OH Just to cheer you up somewhat, even though the US dollar is rock bottom againt a lot of currencies and in particular the Euro, here is what you will buy in Zimbabwe on the official rate, one wonders what the black market rate might be

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

1 US Dollar = 5,651.40 Zimbabwe Dollar

Peter ( tongue in cheek ) and still smiling as always

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike

As far as I know, despite a suspension order, followed by a banning order Dawie is still operating, Now in partnership with General Chiwenga.

Parks have not been able to come up with a name for who is going to the USA this year- too much infighting for the perks. The Director General is trying to go, but the board want somebody who actually knows about hunting (The DG was a fisheries ecologist). The Acting Chief warden - who came this year is up to his eyeballs in poo and in anycase has done nothing about sorting out the held up trophes etc. The new OC Hunting, Mrs Chifamba doesn't like Americans and really doesn't like hunting so she has been scratched. Don't hold your breath. My understanding is that if parks haven't submitted a name and some money by the committee meeting THIS morning, nobody will be attending to actually adress any problems. Our reserve bank is Sending two officials (Kenneth Ngwarai and Mrs T Musonza) to assist in the continued probe of Americans who have hunted illegally in Zim. Ken used to head the hunting section in parks until the central bank poached him.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard a word, but I'm still stuck in the bloody office and it looks likely to stay that way for a while I'm afraid

........To be honest, I doubt I'll hear anything but I guess their presence or absence at the SCI convention will prove or disprove the rumour.