THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Update on Vaughan Fulton Classic Safaris hunting Concessions

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on Vaughan Fulton Classic Safaris hunting Concessions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
As many of you know, late last year we received the news that Vaughan had lost the concessions that he opened and developed in the Northwest of Namibia.

He was disappointed in the outcome of the tender, but quickly regrouped and sought out other areas that could provide the quality hunting that his clients have come to expect.

He looked at quite a few areas, but none were satisfactory.

He is proud to announce that he has secured two concessions in Western Namibia. Here is his e-mail to me
------------------------
Hello Wendell,

Just wanted to inform you that the Tsiseb and Otjimboyo conservancy committee respectively held their meetings to decide on the hunting rights for Classic Safaris.

I am happy to inform you that we received approval and the director of the Ministry of Environment and Tourism and the WWF who mediated the venture have also been informed of the decision.

Quotas include;

Gemsbok
Springbok
Kudu
Mt/Hartmanns Zebra
Duiker
Steenbok
Ostrich
Klipspringer
Leopard
Cheetah

Another outfit previously secured the rights for a percentage of the Springbok in Tsiseb and this will be for the duration of 2007, other than that we will be hunting exclusively.

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,
Vaughan
------------------------

I just got off the phone with Vaughan and the first hunt is going quite well. So far they have taken a 16.5" Springbuck, 37" Gemsbuck, a Zebra and Gert said they missed a big Kudu.

Vaughan is very pleased with the new arrangement.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update -- I had been curious. Can you tell us about where these are from Windhoek in terms of travel time or distance?

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ain't Wendell, nor do I play him on TV, but...

About a four hour drive northwest of Windhoek. So that makes the drive up a bit more manageable.

By the way, Classic Safaris website has been updated to reflect the changes.

www.fultonclassicsafaris.com

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
McCray is right, about 4 hours NW of Windhoek.

Just to be clear, there have never been any problems with Vaughan's Caprivi blocks (Salambala and Kasika). He did not loose them and is still hunting them.

The two blocks he had by Etosha were the ones that were lost last year.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info -- nice to hear he is operating closer to the airport, at least in the non-Caprivi areas.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The website now has a map that shows the location of the new areas. Sort of.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I think I have that concession map in a larger format and .PDF somewhere on my computer at home -- I will take a look.

Of course I may have lost it in the last hard-drive crash... Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Dulcinea will be hunting with Vaughn in a few weeks...Very few....We will get first hand info...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Myself and a friend will be hunting these concessions with Vaughan in Sept for 9 days-I know we will be well taken care of again. What better recommendation than returning with a friend to hunt with Vaughan.

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Samwise,

When exactly will you be there? I am also scheduled for a ten-day hunt in September.

Posts: 281 | Location: southern Wisconsin | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We arrive very early on the 10 of Sept and will drive up that day and return on the 21 so it is actually 10 days hunting. When are your dates?

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Samwise,

You have a PM from me.

Posts: 281 | Location: southern Wisconsin | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
I'm leaving May 30th to hunt with Vaughan. I'll be sure and post a report as soon as I get back.

One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are hunting with Vaughan in August, also on these concessions I believe. We will have no shortage of reports on his new hunting grounds.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son and I are booked with Vaughn for Aug 08'. Will be nice to see the posts from those of you hunting with him in the new concessions.He has been great to deal with and we are looking forward to our first hunt in Africa.
SFC E7
retired

Posts: 148 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote