New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sixteen Day License in Masailand ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can you still get a 16 day license in Tanzania for a Masailand hunt? I think 10 days is a little short for two buff and the few plains game that you can get. Any of you outfitters or agents have any recommendations. I know Buff hunting can be spotty depending on water and the month. Obveously I'd like to have a chance to get the plains game,but the buff is the most important. Thanks.

Posts: 121 | Location: Creswell Oregon | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depending on the rains, ten days should be enough. It's dry now and they are scarce, but with a normal weather cycle there are plenty of buffalo. Check out Ahmed Sultan's hunt report from last year. Buffalo all over the place.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I would consider adding days if possible to a 10 day license. I'm not 100% sure that is possible. Buying a 16 day license in Masailand (quite frankly period) seems pointless. You don't get many extra animals, but you get plenty of extra price!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am not sure how anyone can add "days" to a hunt without having a valid license.

My understanding is that any animal taken has to be within the days of his license being active. Which means a ten day license expires after ten days, and one cannot hunt anything on that license after wards.

May be someone can enlighten us on this?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67040 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Until last year's rule changes, it was a seven day with two buff on license. I hunted the Selous on the old rules and only took one buff, but could have easily taken two. Since I forewent my second buff this trip, the only thing that saved me from a few wasted days was the difficulty of obtaining plains game due to the drought. We could have easily taken a second buffalo, had the decision been different.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I am not sure how anyone can add "days" to a hunt without having a valid license.

My understanding is that any animal taken has to be within the days of his license being active. Which means a ten day license expires after ten days, and one cannot hunt anything on that license after wards.

Saeed,

As long as it's arranged in advance and before the licence is issued, any licence can be extended. For example a ten day icence can be extended to fifteen days or a twenty one extended to twenty eight days etc.

Note, this doesn't give you any extra animals and you also have to pay relevent additional govt and (usually) camp fees but the extension itself isn't a problem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Saeed:

Steve is absolutely correct!

The 7 day license was abolished by the Game Dept. and replaced with a 10 day instead (3 extra days worth
of royalties to be gained + the hike in trophy fees) Wink

The only advantage one gains from an extension of days is a more relaxed hunt, being able to window shop in comfort
and generally being more selective. A ten day hunt has its limitations and normally boils down to banging
a decent buffalo as quickly as possible and being more selective on the second.
IMO a 10 day is better than 7 - those 3 extra days can greatly reduce the pressure, especially when hunting areas
where buffalo are either scarce or extra wary.

Should the hunter wish to have an increase on the species of PG as well as the extra days, the rates will obviously change
as it will not fall into the buffalo hunt category any more and yes, all these requests need to be put in place before
the hunt starts and the permits drawn up.

Posts: 307 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 19 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think the game department should issue a special 100 day licence, which allows you to shoot 100 animals, regardless of species.

I will buy the first one issude fishing clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67040 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

That's a really bad idea as I would like some buffalo left for Leon to hunt too!!

Also have you considered that you would have to be in the bush with Walter in camp for three months at a time??? Is that worth shooting 100 Buffalo? I have an idea of what Roy would say!!

Wink
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just had 2 clients return from Lobo who had each booked a 10 day 2 buffalo hunt with an extension giving them 14 full hunting days. The daily fees for the extra days were the same as the regular 10 day hunt.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12877 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I thought that's how it worked, but then again I'm not exactly an expert.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I loved my 10 day hunt in Masailand last October.

But in retrospect, I regret not booking a longer hunt. IT WAS THAT GOOD!

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks my question has been answered. Thanks.

Posts: 121 | Location: Creswell Oregon | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote