Find
Notify
Tools

scope for 375 H&H
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I was under the impression that brightness was a function of inner workings, glass quality, bell diameter, and tube diameter. I appologize for any misinformation on my part.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was curious how many had switched over to an illuminated reticle. Doesn't sound like very many have?

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My M70 in .375 H & H wears a Leupold VX 111 1.75-6 X in Leupold QR rings/bases.

Posts: 116 | Location: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stealth
posted Hide Post
I am looking strongly at the Meopta Meostar R1 1-4x22 RD. It is has an illuminated K-Dot (German style) reticle. Meopta makes the Conquest line of scopes for Zeiss and I have been extremely pleased those scopes.

Also, I queried the folks at CZ-USA before buying my CZ 550 in 375 H&H and they said the Meopta is what they used when testing their rifles. Said they haven't had to send one back for repairs yet.

"Personal is not the same as important", Corporal Carrot, Men at Arms

Posts: 144 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 04 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 1.5x5 Leupolds on some of my bigger rifles, and 1x4 Leupolds on others..The more I use the 1x4 Leupold the better I like it...I also have a couple of old 3Xs that I am very fond of...

I see no need for more power than 4X on any big game rifle..Jack O'Connor told me that 50 or so years ago, it took me near that long to figure out that knew his business, and in the interim I used all the big varibles that go with youth and inexperience...

On a hunting rifle I want the 20 MM objective that does not protrude out the end of the front ring very much..It prevents rifles from getting knocked off zero with constant hard use.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mustbhuntn:
Leupold 1.5-5x20 with QR Leupold rings and bases. thumb

Me, too, with the #4 reticle. Made a 300 yard shot with it, so its not impossible. The 6 power with the bigger bell is better for all around use, though. I bought mine specifically for buffalo.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
yukon delta: I have recently switched over to illuminated recticles on my two .375's. Both are Leupolds.

one of us
posted Hide Post
How do you like them so far UEG?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So far I really like them. Much quicker to put you on target and much easier on the eyes. You can adjust the illuminated recticle's brightness as well.

One of Us
Picture of hairbol
posted Hide Post
My Ackley wears a 1.7-10 Z6.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am seriously considering an illuminated reticle myself. I have been thinking about the Trijicon Accu-Point series.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my PH's has one on his .308 and wouldn't be without it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was considering it for a 375 or 458. It would make an excellent scope for the leopard blind, eh?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It functions, as I understand it, on fiber optic technology. You can control the brightness by opening and closing the cover on the top of the scope. I cannot answer the question for you regarding its use in a leopard blind as I have not seen it used there. However, it does work very well in daylight with its post and bright fiber optic aiming point.Perhaps others here on AR can best answer that question for you.

One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
I had Ziess varipoint 1.1-4 X 24 scope on my M70 it was doing fine until it failed on last safari.

Now I have put the Swaroski 1.7-10 X 42 with 4Ai reticle. It is shooting good on the range lets see how it does on safari this July.

Ahmed Sultan