New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mt. Nyala taken w/ a bow!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We just had a client take a 36.5" Mt. Nyala with a bow. To my knowledge this is a first!
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic! Congratulations to all. I don't know what hunting a mountain nyala entails (never even seen one in the flesh), but I have heard that it is never easy. Can you get hold of a picture or two for us Rich?

Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Eeker Eeker HOLY CRAP!!

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted Hide Post
WOW-what an achievement! I thought for sure that Steve Kobrine or Gary Bogner would be the first to achieve that goal. Any info on the hunter Rich?

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Rich, super...dwhat an accomplishment...

Mike

When is the story coming out??

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The hunter is Archie Nesbitt from Alberta. He also took a Menelik's Bushbuck with a bow a couple of years ago. He has several "firsts" to his credit. The Mt. Nyala kill was captured on DVD...shot hit and all..
for the doubters I guess. Wink
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats great and congrats to him. Post a pic please.

One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
Archie has sure been busy rewriting the record books. His accomplishments were noted in the last SCI magazine.

Did Bob Easterbrook take one and a Bongo as well back in the 70's?

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did Bob Easterbrook take one and a Bongo as well back in the 70's?

I don't know. There are several Western Bongo listed by bowunters including Archie. No Kenyan Bongo are listed though. I don't see Easterbrooks name anywhere that is should be so I assume he hasn't listed his trophies.
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott

one of us
posted Hide Post
Many congratulations to Archie! He sure seems to have the dedication (and the means) to take critters with his bow all over the world.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote