Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia Recommendation
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
First, thanks for past recommendations for places to take my family. I am currently working on a trip for my wife and 4 kids sometime in the future.

This is a trip for 3-4 friends that are serious hunters, but have never been to Africa. I want to take them to Namibia for a 7-10 PG hunt with the following conditions:
1. Hunt one area (not travel around to different ranches) - very large as well
2. Would like some place with some elevation relieft/hills, etc. versus a dead flat area.
3. Ability to hunt Leopard
4. Highly desirable, but not required, other Big 5 on the property to see/photo
5. Highly desirable, but not required, other activities like bird hunting, fishing, varmint hunting
6. Bow hunting available (would do rifle and bow)

One place that comes to mind is Eden or Erindi, but these are at the high end of $$$ spectrum.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Here's a recent hunt report.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6321043/m/527102178

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
Vaughan Fulton with Fulton Classic Safaris. Wendell Reich books for him and he is a member on here.

Here is a hunt report from my trip last year.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=431107686#431107686

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I'd happily second Vaughan's operation, though I'm not sure how tuned in he and his guys are to bowhunting. I hunted with him before he had other PHs, so perhaps some of the new staff brings bowhunting experience and desire. In any case, he's worth a look.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may want to look in the northwest part of the country. There are a number of large outfits that are not high fenced and the terrain is hilly. I hunted with Sebra, which was very good (and mountainous). We also did a little bird hunting there as well. In the same area are also Shona and Westfalen. You can check out their websites easily. I think they leopard hunt on all of those places but the Big 5 may be tough to come by.

Posts: 29 | Location: Utah | Registered: 22 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Austin Hunter,

We have just this year started doing business with Arub Safaris. So far we have had nothing but excellent reports from our clients. We've had 2 plains game hunts there and 2 leopard hunts so far and everybody has had a good hunt with good trophies and the leopards have been large. I must tell you though that no one that has a real vialbe leopard hunt will offer you a leopard on a 7-10 day hunt. 14 days is minimum for a leopard and often may be necessary as big cattle killing cats are clever and not always easy to hunt. They also are only going to hunt one leopard at a time.

The last clients said the ranch (no game fences) was huge and it definitely has relief as you are in the hills at 6000 feet. This is a real hunt and you'll do alot of walking to find your game.

Lions and elephant are seen there but not often and only passing through.

There is no fishing but jackals and baboons are abundant and unlimited. Birds? Maybe but limits are small.

Bow hunting would be very difficult as there is much open country and no particular set ups for bow hunting.

I just got off the phone with a client that returned from Arub 2 days ago. He was on a 8 day package and his 3rd safari. He had very nice things to say about the whole Arub operation and he saw in his 8 days the following:

Caracal (only 1)
Steinbok
Jackal
kudu
Oryx
Blue wildebeest
Mt Zebra
Warthog
Babboon
Springbok
Klipspringer
Blesbok
Red hartebeest

Arub is a small outfit and they only hunt one group at a time. Your group of 3-4 shooters would have the whole operation to themselves. In addition to the Arub main ranch the owner's sister has another big ranch only minutes away that they hunt. I understand about what you are saying about about hunting all over and road time but the other ranch that you might hunt also is really only about 15 minutes away.

Daily fees are $350 for plains game. The full pricing is available on our website.

Another option that would give you everything 1.-6. would be a hunt on the Save Conservancy in Zim. The area is ammazing and I'm not kidding that they can provide everything you are looking for. Of course as I mentioned a leopard is only avaialbe on a 15 day booking. They are very tuned into bow hunting also and have some excellent blinds at waterholes.

Things now are as normal there as they have been in the last 8 years in Zim. The Save is 01,00,000 acres and supports literally thousands of buffalo and elephant which you will see, both white and black rhino plus lion and leopard are there. The plains game and leopard hunting is just excellent for all indigenous Zimbabwe game and the camps extremely nice and comfortable. I'd recommend it for a family or a serious trophy hunter in a heart beat.

Daily fees are $400-$450 per day but you get alot more on this plains game hunt than any ranch hunt anywhere I know about.

If you'd like pricing and references let me know.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JPenn
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Vaughan Fulton, look at Wendell's web page and decise whether your guys want a hunt in a huge (2,000,000 acres) conservancy, tented camp, or fancy lodge (Gras Ranch). My vote is for Vaughan, but it's your group. Big five is out, buffalo are water dependent, so in Namibia that means Caprivi, lion are scarce but there, as are elephant and black rhino, leopard? me I don't know.

SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI

Posts: 226 | Location: Texas | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I would suggest that you pay a visit to the Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA) website.: www.napha.com.na Their members are listed in alphabetical (unfortunately not the Operation name) order with many having websites linked for further options. I stand under correction, but I believe that Erindi no longer offers trophy hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out CEC Safaris at cecsafaris.com.

Posts: 48 | Location: Henderson, Nv. | Registered: 01 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out www.keerwedersafaris.com
I hunted there in 2006 and I'm going back w/my wife in 2009. The only thing they don't have, I think, is see the big 5. Though the web page doesn't say so, they will make an adjustment on the day fee for family groups.
The bird hunting was great...dove, guinea (sic?) fowl, and sand grouse! They've got pics of a bow hunter from this season on their webpage.

Robert

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shona Adventures, and Omatako Hunting Trails. Been to both within the last 12 months. Good outfits. Shona probably has exactly what your are looking for at the Tualuka Lodge: elephants, leopards and cheetah in tough mountain country.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote