Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Hunting
 Login/Join

posted
is it ungentlemanly and cowardly or unsporting to shoot a buffalo at more than 50 yards such as up to 250 yards?

our benefactor Saeed prefers this type of "hunting"

what do you think?

Posts: 15 | Location: AK | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I think it's a silly, irrelevant question and that you've posed it in a ridiculous format that begs potential criticism of our sponsor. But, after only 12 posts in 19 months, welcome to AR.

Not related to Steve, are you?

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
watched the videos a friend had who got them off this forum and he seems like a long range guy. nevr hunted buffalo but wonder what is the proper range and method thats all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can find a PH that will stand for it, knock yourself out Not likely. And be prepared to pay a hefty trophy fee with no trophy.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
you mean you pay more if they are farther away or what? why would they charge more for that

one of us
posted Hide Post
proteus,

with limited posts over a year and a half of "lurking" and from the above content of your posts, you are better of going back under the stone you came from! Watch and learn from the sidelines Wink

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,

Check out Proteus posts in the Ramadan thread. That will tell you who he is and what he is about. He doesn't belong in the company of grown men.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
is it ungentlemanly and cowardly or unsporting to shoot a buffalo at more than 50 yards such as up to 250 yards?

our benefactor Saeed prefers this type of "hunting"

what do you think?

I think it's up to every hunter how he wants to hunt buff. End of the story..

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2082 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
with limited posts over a year and a half of "lurking" and from the above content of your posts, you are better of going back under the stone you came from! Watch and learn from the sidelines

+1

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The range at which you shoot a buffalo depends largely upon the terrain.

In Saeed's recent videos we see him shooting buffalo in the Moyowasi at about 60-70 yards. In this open area you are not likely to get closer.

We also see him shooting a buffalo up in the mountains in thick cover. This shot appeared to be quite close.

People who have hunted with Saeed say that he is a gifted shot. From his videos it is apparent this is true.

I guess that under the cloak of anonymity it is easy for someone who probably wouldn't know a buffalo from his ass to pass judgment.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proteus:
wonder what is the proper

.... manner to behave in public?

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
It's Saeed's site. He can define what is tolerated and what is not.

But free speech is free speech, not just what someone decides is free speech.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19339 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I firmly believe the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked and object to ya'll trying to run Proteus off the site.
Proteus, they don't charge any more if you shoot at long range but the odds of a wounded and non recovered buffalo go up substantially with the yardage the shot is taken from. In Africa, they have a much better system of game management than we do here in the states. If you wound it, you bought it. Unlike here in the states, if you wound it you don't tell anybody about what a bad shot you are and just go shoot another one.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 936 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just had an opportunity to read (Proteus) posting and Ramadan and I'm please to say this slim ball is now on ignore list with the rest of the mindless fools. I would encourage everyone to shun this slimball

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote