Find
Notify
Tools

"Dangerous Game"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of vandyboy
posted Hide Post
My personal favorite is TAA. Best African hunting show by far. DA is hit and miss on my cable network so I do not watch it as much as TAA. Another good show that I do not think anyone has mentioned is a new show on a channel Comcast just added in our area. It is called Hornady's Africa on the Sportsman Channel. It is hosted by Craig Boddington and Ivan Carter. Very similar to TAA, but a lot of the hunters seem like regular Joes as opposed to the head of Leica, Hornady or other execs. Refreshing change. Africa can be very expensive, but it can be affordable as well for those who save. That has always been my main bitch about TAA, most of the episodes are of hunters who are the execs of Ruger, Hornady ect. I have been fortunate enough to go to Africa twice, both times with my oldest son. Each time I have gone, my friends rib me on 'how I can afford it'. It is called saving. We all love watching TAA but when you only see industry leaders on the show it can be perceived that Africa is only for the rich.

I will get off my soapbox now. I love TAA and will continue to watch it and save my pennies to go back to Africa! bewildered

Posts: 111 | Location: Jackson, MI USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the Hornady show is found on the Outdoor Channel?

One of Us
Picture of vandyboy
posted Hide Post
I have only seen it on the Sportsman Channel. According to their website, www.thesportsmanchannel.com, it is actually called, Hornady's Africa with Craig Boddington and Ivan Carter. Sundays at 9 pm, Thursday at 6 pm and Saturday at 1 am.

Posts: 111 | Location: Jackson, MI USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote