New
Find
Notify
Tools

BS Zim Rumor
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just been bought to my attention that there is a rumor going arround that nobody may bring any firearms into Zim until 10th April due to the elections.

This is NOT true. I police ban covers unlicensed weapons and the carrage thereof. If you are comming to Zim between now and the 10th and your operator has any concerns send me a PM or email the association soaz@mweb.co.zw.

Snr Assistant Commission Zengeni is responsible for police with respect to tourists and he will be happy to ensure you are not hassled.

NB- Harare took a couple of direct lightning strikes on the electicity system in the last week and all email servers seem to be giving problemsw. Always attach a deleivery notification to any emails sent this way

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
Even if it were true...which obviously it isn't...wouldn't ten bucks US grease the way to allow any and everything in anyhow? Do the munts at the airport really know the difference between a golf club and a rifle? The one who checked me in didn't...Funny how he was reading the serial number upside down and checking the numbers on my paperwork, which was turned over, all at the same time...All I think he really knew (or suspected) was that I had more money in my front pocket in that moment than he was going to make over the next couple of years...
Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ganyana for making yourself available in these and other matters.

I wonder what would happen if you greased with Zim money instead of dollars? Would they even accept it? Someone needs to try this out and report back to us. I know you can't pay your safari bill in local currency.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote