New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: IVORY...What's it worth?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mr. Elliott, do you know where a guy could get two small pieces, about 1" x 1.5", not even 1/4" thick, to use as inlays on a stock? Or anybody know?

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suppose it would, and I have contimplated it, but I'd really like elephant ivory, IF I can get some without getting in a jamb.

Posts: 747 | Location: Nevada, USA | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Arts,

This maybe what your looking for.
http://www.boonetrading.com/Pg24.html

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a few sets of tusks around and was just wondering what the stuff is worth these days. 20 years ago it was around $34 per pound. Does anyone know the current value?

Rich Elliott

BTW, I'm headed to Colorado for a week on Friday so won't be acknowledging any replys after that...... but thanks!

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jds
posted Hide Post
This website might help on the value plus the small piece:

http://www.ivorybuyer.com/

Good luck

JDS

Posts: 655 | Location: Burleson, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LVEric,

I suppose that would be for whats left AFTER they cut off the part with the nerve cavity in it.

Thanks,
Everyone. But don't get the idea I want to sell my tusks. Some of them came too dearly!
Back in a week.

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The billiard cue makers will pay around $100-$125/lb. If there are no cracks in it.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote