Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I R recticles
 Login/Join

posted
Need some opinions on I R recticles. I,m putting a Leupold 1.5x5 scope on a 416 C Z for DG.Is the I R worth the extra 175.00 and if so which recticle is best? circledot, German#4, or illuminated crosshairs?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chriso,

Good question, but hard to answer.

I compared the illuminated reticles and for my application of general hunting I liked the Circle Dot the least and choose the illuminated Duplex in the Leupold 1.5-5x20.

Now as to your question of worth additional monies the answer is "Yes" if the majority of time the .416 will be employed under very low-light or against dark game in heavy dense bush. Also, the answer is "Yes" if you have not tried one before and would like to give it a go.

Otherwise the answer is "No" not worth additional monies and choose between German #4 and standard Duplex.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
C, I have the IR and it is in the German #4..If needed the red dot in early morning and evening facilitates aiming like a laser beam...However I like the bigger fields of view and not the 20mm tube...
eyepiece..the 32mm tube is super or go with the 30mm tube and appropriate size tube...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies and the info.