THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Namibia: Hunter bolts with 'fortune'
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia: Hunter bolts with 'fortune'
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Well, at the risk of having my wife called a fat ass, me being turned in to the fbi for a violation the Lacey act, and being called various insulting names, I have to be the bad guy on this one.
My son and I hunted with OOA in SA a few years ago. It was before the big deal about them being world class crooks. We had an average SA hunt I suppose. Shot several animals, good bunks, good food and good PH. We hunted on several different "farms". I did not see the written permission for us to hunt the farms. I just assumed it was legal. Typical high fence deal. That's the main reason we will not return to SA. It has nothing to do with OOA.
Another observation, we had a guy in a wheel chair in the main camp. I think he was from Minn. The PH and Tracker loaded his butt in the truck each morning and hauled him up the steps to the shooting box. He had shot a wildebeest and an Impala when we left. He bought his donated hunt at a SCI auction. I doubt you will get him to complain about OAA.
I know nothing about their hunts in Zim so I cannot contribute to any intelligent conversation about that.
I also will not contribute to any conversation on the size of anyone's wife's ass, your wife's or OOA owners wife. Low blow guys and uncalled for.
By the way, I'm not an outfitter, editor, writter, don't know any of the OOA crew and don't expect to hunt with them again. I just wanted to show the other side of the story.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know how bad this makes the outfitters look in Namibia... This is not the first conservancy that got screwed, there are many.... and it is not always the South african PH and outfitters some Namibians did the same, it is just a matter of time before the government stops all hunting on these free range areas....
THANKS FOR SCREWING EVERYTHING UP FOR EVERYBODY ELSE...... Mad

posted Hide Post
Your right Corne, there are some Namibians that screwed some Conservacies in Kaokoland... I heard Boet Nel's name......AGAIN!!!!
It is easy if you shoot something PAY it.... I wonder if the clients ill get their trophies??? sofa

Speak the truth and nothing but the truth.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
What puzzles me is why didn't the conservancies do their research into the reputation of who they were doing business with beforehand. Roll Eyes

I've gotta say, I feel very sorry for the Namibian guys just now. Between the actions of their own PHA and other local organisations such as the game dept etc, they must feel like everyone just wants to kick 'em in the knackers just for the fun of it.

My advice would be to go to the pub, order a few beers and watch England beat the pants off of Germany this afternoon! beer rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
What puzzles me is why didn't the conservancies do their research into the reputation of who they were doing business with beforehand. Roll Eyes

I've gotta say, I feel very sorry for the Namibian guys just now. Between the actions of their own PHA and other local organisations such as the game dept etc, they must feel like everyone just wants to kick 'em in the knackers just for the fun of it.

My advice would be to go to the pub, order a few beers and watch England beat the pants off of Germany this afternoon! beer rotflmo

I'm sorry shakari, you've got it all wrong.

Germany to triumph. beer

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Time will tell my friend.... but either way, I'm gonna take my own advice and go to the pub to watch it on their big screen. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ya and it is so hard to drag Steve to a pub. We all know how much he hates a cool one in the evening or the afternoon or the am as far as that goes Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Teresa sat at my table at the SCI dinner in Jacksonville a bit over a year ago. She certainly wasn't overly bulked up then. That is, unless you didn't like Anita Ekberg. Big Grin

Someone told (in front of her) the story of her working out at a gym for 3 hours a day to get bulked up enough to pull a 90 lb bow. I doubt she weighed 125 pounds and didn't look a bit like the picture with the elephant posted above.

I know nothing about her past with OoA, but she certainly wasn't a fan of her former husband's family that night.... and was also was every bit a lady for that evening.

I have no doubt that Alan has some real gripes about her and there is no question that her former brother-in-law's conviction was long overdue, but my few occasions with the woman have been all positive... and until now, I had not heard anything about her "flirting for clients" as Alan relates. ... Sounds like a different woman than the one I met.

Hopefully, she (now?) is the woman I know and not (still?) the one Alan describes.

JMHO.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just another photo I found on the web.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All joking aside, it would be gentlemanly to remove her pictures until the nature of her involvement in the OOA fiasco is revealed; she could simply have been a supportive wife.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Teresa posted the pictures herself on the internet. I only copied one in response to the "chude" comment (which the readers can judge for themselves).

As to being a willing participant or a "supportive wife", I have no comment or knowledge. I only know of her after OoA.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
it would be gentlemanly to remove her pictures until the nature of her involvement in the OOA fiasco is revealed; she could simply have been a supportive wife.

She is still shown as an employee on their (OoA) website. Perhaps her looks and sex exclude her from disdain for being part of such a shady operation, eh guys?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by analog_peninsula:
All joking aside, it would be gentlemanly to remove her pictures until the nature of her involvement in the OOA fiasco is revealed; she could simply have been a supportive wife.

The photo I posted is freely available on the Internet via a Google search on her name. I did not take the photo myself; it is not mine. I copied the photo (file) to my PhotoBucket account simply for ease of posting it on here.

"There is a bloody brave little animal in Africa called the honey badger. It may be the meanest animal in the world. It kills for malice and for sport, and it does not go for the jugular - it goes straight for the groin. It has a hell of a lot in common with the modern American woman."
- from The Honey Badger (1965) by Robert Ruark

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I rather enjoyed the latest edition of Safari Times newspaper. They had a very nice article about the "unsung work" of the ethics commitee. What I found IRONIC was that previous to this Usangu Safaris incarnate had a nice add offering quality Tanzanian lion hunts!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote