THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Would someone please ask me to mount a Buffalo like this

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would someone please ask me to mount a Buffalo like this
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2009 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Jerry, that would be hell of a mount. How would you duplicate the wet mud?

Jim

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That mud bath looks soothing.

~Ann

Posts: 19232 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Be careful what you ask for... I head to Mozambique in September to hunt the Marromeu swamp. Bound to be some muddy buff there! Big Grin

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Too shiny.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12594 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Singleshot03:
Jerry, that would be hell of a mount. How would you duplicate the wet mud?

Jim

I'm thinking the same thing.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I'm at work, my very helpful little girl would probably hit it with windex and some paper towels to surprise Daddy and fix his buffalo ....

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One thing for sure, you won't have to worry about hiding the seam down the back.

Paul B

Posts: 58 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 22 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of moved2ski
posted Hide Post
I am not a big taxidermy fan in general, but WOW, if you can capture that attitude and look, I couldn't resist.

Posts: 51 | Location: Las Vegas via Nebraska | Registered: 19 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry, your buffalo always look far cleaner and neater than those ratty field photos that I am always seeing of them, sort of like they get a makeover during the mounting process. This is not a jab, your buffalo mounts always look nice enough to hang in a game room, rather than being a dirty, scabby, lice ridden smelly creature that they are. Maybe you should do the next one like that picture.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Huffaker:

I would love a mount like that Jerry. It would blend in with the walls (my wife would like that, no trophy room sob / sob) and scare the hell out of you if you didn't realize it was there. I think it would be a beautiful mount.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
You could always add the mud on at home by yourself and put it outside to dry on a sunny day. I don't know if Mr. Huffaker would be OK with that though.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry....I want a real natural looking buff.....but maybe not quite that ............natural,..........

Posts: 41861 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How's bullet performance -dry vs wet mud ??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put me down as one who would like a mount like that. In the meantime how about a painting or poster of this one. Like someone said earlier the look and the attitude conveyed...awesome

Tim

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Well, you could take any young green bull and pile the rest of the epoxy "mud" on top -- make it like it ought to have been...

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
So that's why they call them dagga boys homer
Jerry, maybe a little too natural.
You could definately hide a soft boss under that though.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote