New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swift Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
You folks that went to DSC, was Swift there and if so, did they have an estimate of when they would be turning out bullets?

I have sent emails to Swift and never got any response. Asked Powder Valley and got a nonsense reply that didn't answer my question.

I'm getting low!

Posts: 552 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were at the show. I did not ask them about component bullets but they did indicate they expected 270 Win 150gr ammo in about six months.

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sent them an email about 458 bullets about 4-5 months ago and got a reply they would be in stock 6-8 weeks at that time but have not seen any listed or other reply's. so I went to Hammer Bullets

Posts: 203 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spoke with them on the subject. The issue seems to be that the bullets are getting snapped up as soon as the word gets out. They said put in an order and it will be filled as the caliber is produced. I was speaking about .510's. Evidently production runs are limited by the equipment. They only produce one caliber/weight at a time.
So I have e-mailed my order. They pointed out that I could call and check on immediate availability. I spoke with the son. He said the lady that answered the phone would be able to answer questions. That was not my experience when I had called previously. They're good bullets but NorthForks work well and they are available. I picked up some .411 400 grain cup point solids at the show. They are getting 2 types of .510 softs in shortly. The had .458 500 and 550 at the show. Search Northfork and their site will give you the number for the US distributor. They can tell you what they have what they are going to get etc. Another excellent choice if the swifts don't come through.

Posts: 118 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
They were at the show. Wanted to pick up some 570Gr A Frames.
I was told, when you find them, buy as many as you can afford. I think that says enough.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1404 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
My recent experience with Swift:
Had 300gr. .375 a frames on backorder. When they made a run of them I got an email telling me to contact them and if I still wanted them. I did call, I had 1 box on backorder and they allowed me to add an additional 5 boxes. Spoke with the owner and he told me the run of .375 bullets would never even make the website as all the backorders were going to eat up the entire run. They had also made a huge number for Federal.

Posts: 794 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hydehunter:
I sent them an email about 458 bullets about 4-5 months ago and got a reply they would be in stock 6-8 weeks at that time but have not seen any listed or other reply's. so I went to Hammer Bullets

I also recently bought Hammer bullets, but for my .411. I haven't been able to try them yet.

I'd happily shoot North Forks, but I've had the same luck as everyone else getting them.

Posts: 9437 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If you like Hammer…CEBs are identical and make .411s

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
I'd happily shoot North Forks, but I've had the same luck as everyone else getting them.

Reloading International has some North Forks in stock and supposedly getting another large shipment shortly

Posts: 1018 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMG Hunting Safaris:
I was told, when you find them, buy as many as you can afford. I think that says enough.

What kind of bullshit answer is that, I would have asked them if they knew where the North Fork booth was located?

Posts: 1018 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
North Forks have been my Plan B but I've never taken the time to work up any loads.

Never needed to as long as I had Swifts but I have several boxes on the shelf waiting.

Posts: 552 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

I bought a couple boxes of .411 CEB at your suggestion.

Posts: 9437 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ongwe:
North Forks have been my Plan B but I've never taken the time to work up any loads.

Never needed to as long as I had Swifts but I have several boxes on the shelf waiting.

Nothing wrong with the Swift's if you can find them, I sold all my Swifts trying to help out people in immediate need.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been acquiring what I use when I can where I can ever since they started becoming g scarce.

I’ve also helped out friends who were in need.

It’s not easy and you have to keep your eyes peeled.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gale Johnson:
quote:

What kind of bullshit answer is that, I would have asked them if they knew where the North Fork booth was located?

Double Rifle is regulated for the Swifts and they work so well. Don't think that I have ever seen the North Fork bullets for sale in Africa.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1404 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Double Rifle is regulated for the Swifts and they work so well. Don't think that I have ever seen the North Fork bullets for sale in Africa.

I always question someone who starts out by saying… “Not to highjack this thread...”, so on that note!

Supply of many components seems to be a challenge. North Fork supply has also been a challenge from time to time. Under new management, production and supply may already have improved. I've not had any contact with the new owners of North Fork. I certainly hope that North Fork lines up a new distributor for South Africa as this is a great product.

Marius

You would not have "seen" North Fork bullets on shelves in South Africa as they were never stocked by the retailers due to pricing. Whilst you are correct, they were certainly available. We were the importers of North Forks for some years from 2012. We carried fairly good inventory from .264” to .510”. We were at the Huntex show in 2015 and there were various articles in Man Magnum. Wild en Jag, SA Hunter, African Outfitter. We may still be able to supply some depending on what you require, although in many of the DG calibres we have very little left and none in .510”.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I much prefer North Forks to Swifts and Ive used a lot of both, mostly in Africa but also for elk and deer in the states, hard bullet to beat..Not saying Swift is a bad bullet, they are an excellent bullet.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

I bought a couple boxes of .411 CEB at your suggestion.

In .40 cal and up…I don’t shoot anything else any more. Great company. Always accommodating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37811 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the best thing about Hammer Bullets other than they are always in stock is that they are accurate, load work up fast and easy and if you need info or anything else you call them up and you speak to Steve the owner I have been very happy with them

Posts: 203 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Reloading International has some North Forks in stock and supposedly getting another large shipment shortly

They just did. 1300 boxes. Get them while they are hot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Where is anyone getting North Forks in the US? I've email the distributor twice with no response for .358 250 grainers.

Posts: 1523 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinNY:
Where is anyone getting North Forks in the US? I've email the distributor twice with no response for .358 250 grainers.

they are right here: https://www.reloadinginternati...uct-detail/?id=24583

One of Us
Picture of 460 wby shooter
posted Hide Post
I just ordered 300 .470 500 grain A-frames from Swift so they do have those in stock!

Posts: 817 | Location: jimtown ND | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, ordered!

quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinNY:

they are right here: https://www.reloadinginternati...uct-detail/?id=24583

Posts: 1523 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gbs:
They were at the show. I did not ask them about component bullets but they did indicate they expected 270 Win 150gr ammo in about six months.
\

Awesome when they come out I'll buy a box and chrono them.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4772 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

$450.00 later I've got 200 bullets in .411 caliber on the way! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Woo! Kinda like buying eggs these days, I just focus on the end result ;-)

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Woo! Kinda like buying eggs these days, I just focus on the end result ;-)

Big Grin I tell myself it's sort of a one time purchase. Buy a bunch at first, develop a load and then just shoot a few occasionally considering all the other cartridges on hand. For example I'll never have to buy another component for .458 as long as I live. Cal Pappas in his final months stocked me with a large supply.
Thanks Cal! patriot