THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Niassa National Reserve and Majune Safaris for 2016?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Niassa National Reserve and Majune Safaris for 2016?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Looking for a 2016 Safari plan.

What do you think?

Looking at the 12 day sable, buffalo and plains game combo.

Seems to be the same species as the Selous for 1/3rd the price.

Any advice on that area would be well appreciated.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JP Kleinhans is in Coutada, I believe. Don't know how close that is to Niassa but he has the package for you if it is Sable/Buff/PG.

dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Looking for a 2016 Safari plan.

What do you think?

Looking at the 12 day sable, buffalo and plains game combo.

Seems to be the same species as the Selous for 1/3rd the price.

Any advice on that area would be well appreciated.

Better for sable than Selous, fewer buffalo but believe you would get one. Great Livingston eland if you hunt late in the season. Should get reedbuck, L. hart., warthog as well.

Have had very few American clients, if any, mostly European clients with many of those being French.

Indi here on AR would be a good resource on this.

Posts: 1919 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talked to Ken Wilson about it this morning, he thinks it is the best deal in the world for Selous game at cheaper than Zimbabwe prices.

Not sure I can swing $40,000 next year for a 12 day with sable. A plains game only 7 day without sable looks to be about $20,000 with kudu, eland, hartebeest, wildebeest, kudu.

So this might not be an alternative.

Birds place in Zambia will end up being about $25,000 for a sable, buff and 4 or 5 plainsgame.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did someone say Namibia again?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to Mozambique. It will be the adventure of a lifetime in true unfenced wilderness.

Posts: 1919 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Niassa is a special place in remote wild Africa. This August I will be there for the 5th year in a row. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

My prices for a 12 day sable and buff hunt including gun permits, license, dip/pack, trophy fees for those 2 big animals, shared charter, etc. is about $29,500. Obviously more PG would raise that some, but you don't have to spend $40k. Or if you do sable/PG for 10 days, it will cut the price just about in half.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
Good area. Good animals. Good PH. Good price.

Good.

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
Niassa is a special place in remote wild Africa. This August I will be there for the 5th year in a row. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

My prices for a 12 day sable and buff hunt including gun permits, license, dip/pack, trophy fees for those 2 big animals, shared charter, etc. is about $29,500. Obviously more PG would raise that some, but you don't have to spend $40k. Or if you do sable/PG for 10 days, it will cut the price just about in half.
Good deal Tim

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fvh40
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
JP Kleinhans is in Coutada, I believe. Don't know how close that is to Niassa but he has the package for you if it is Sable/Buff/PG.

dutch

Talked to him this morning, he's not going to spend a lot of time there this year

PH 47/2015 EC
HC 16/2015 EC
Ferdi Venter
ferdiventer@gmail.com
http://www.ferdiventerhunting.com

Nature at your doorstep

Posts: 305 | Location: SA Eastern Cape | Registered: 20 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fvh40:
quote:

dutch

Talked to him this morning, he's not going to spend a lot of time there this year

Sorry to hear about this... Did he not sell any of his buff quota at Mahimba?

One of Us
Picture of fvh40
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:
Originally posted by fvh40:
quote:

dutch

He offered me Buffalo this morning so I assume he's got some left.

Sorry to hear about this... Did he not sell any of his buff quota at Mahimba?

PH 47/2015 EC
HC 16/2015 EC
Ferdi Venter
ferdiventer@gmail.com
http://www.ferdiventerhunting.com

Nature at your doorstep

Posts: 305 | Location: SA Eastern Cape | Registered: 20 August 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
Go to Mozambique. It will be the adventure of a lifetime in true unfenced wilderness.
I concur.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think I can afford it. I put it together and doing it right (no leopard or lion) will be $30-40,000.

I have built about 20 safaris on windows excel this morning for Namibia and South Africa for $15,000.

I had thought it would be $24,000 tops. I was well over that and I hadn't added the airfare or charters.

We just don't have that kind of cash sitting around, and I have not been on a safari due to military committments since 2005. I have spent tons of time in Africa, but not in Safari locations my last 10 years in the military.

I am retired now, and I want a good quality safari. I am very happy to go to Namibia or South Africa.

I just had one of life's grand adventures driving the Alcan sleeping out under the stars twice last year. I understand what real wilderness is.

Hell I grew up hunting 26 packhorse miles into an elk area that abuts Yellowstone.