New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes Triple Shock in Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was going to use these bullets (.300 Win Mag) in RSA for plainsgame in a couple of months and was wandering of their effectiveness on such game? Can I count on these bullets to get the job done if I do mine? Thanks.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You did not suggest a bullet wt, so I will assume you are using a suitable wt. bullet.

The Triple Shocks are very good bullets...proven accuracy and terminal performance based on my experience with them from Whitetail & Mule Deer, Zebra, Heartebeast, Cape Buffalo... I used a 375 with 270 grain Triple Shocks to take Zebra and Heartebeast both one shot kills.

Good luck on your trip!

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DT...I was blessed enough to go to south africa this past summer on a plains game hunt. I collected a Blesbok and springbok with my .257 wthby using 100 gr triple shocks. The blesbok was about 150yds and the springbok was at 350yds. Both of these animals dropped on their faces! Complete pass throughs with massive tissue damage. (not that pass throughs are always good) I think that you will love the bullet. Have a great hunt......wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last October in RSA I used my 300wsm and 200gr XTS. I took 2 blue wildebeest, a zebra, an impala and a grey duiker. All one shot kills and none of the bullets recovered. I then come home, sighted the 300 in with 180gr xts and took 4 deer. But I've always liked and used barnes bullets, the triple shock just seems to shoot good in more rifles. In the past I've had a couple of rifles that with a X bullet I couldn't get better than 2" groups no matter what I tried.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the rapid replies. I'll be using Federal Premium 180 grain bullets since I do not handload. They are extremely accurate out of my rifle.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote