New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sapi/ Babwe Safaris?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know who "Babwe Safaris" are. They are selling Sapi Safari area for ele bulls lion etc? I was at the auction and the 1 lion and 4 elephant did not sell as the reserve price was not met? I would bet my bottom dollar it will be another SA "gentleman" intent on abusing the system- I hope I am proved wrong.

On a happier not there seems to be only 2 lions between nyakasanga and Sapi and neither of them sold and as far as we can see so far no "additional quota" has been issued for these two areas. Maybe all the noise on the AR and its following shock waves has bought about some sanity to Nyakasanga and sapi.

On a similar note a "hunter"from the States with a South African "PH" who arrived in Wankie for a ration hunt was turned away the other day as they were told that there will be no more hunting in the Park!! All steps in the right directions!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Buzz, I met that SA guy and his client at main camp, the SA guy was Morgan Harris, I had a long discussion and they ended up leaving, apparently the client gave the SA guy a few words of his own and ended up buying a tuskless in a proper area in the Valley.

Mart

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

Morgan Harris is the son of Lew Harris (now deceased). Lew ran Lew Harris Safaris. He was a good (and legal) operator until his untimely death in a car accident.

His sons took over. They came into Zim and did what many think we were illegal hunts. I do believe they got caught but am not sure what happened.

It appears that they are doing something under another name.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
great to see some steps in the right direction and good news on this issue for a change

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Lew Harris was a gentleman and an honest and ethical man. He stayed at my home and my family at his. After his untimely death in a car accident, his boys took over the operation of Lew Harris Safaris.

They were doing safaris in Zim under that name a few years ago and some questions arose about the legality of same. I emailed Morgan at the time and cautioned him not to cast aspersions on the good family name. I thought he made corrections but this information again causes me concern.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finally some good news from Zim on the illegal hunt situation. Maybe Parks have grown some balls.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Does anyone know who "Babwe Safaris" are. They are selling Sapi Safari area for ele bulls lion etc? I was at the auction and the 1 lion and 4 elephant did not sell as the reserve price was not met? I would bet my bottom dollar it will be another SA "gentleman" intent on abusing the system- I hope I am proved wrong.

The US side of Babwe Safaris is owned by a guy named Robert Beasley from Florida.

http://www.corporationwiki.com...is-llc/66597571.aspx

I am pretty sure it is him posting the hunt on Africa Hunting forum.

Babwe Safaris in Africa is run by Dawie Van der Westhuizen. He is a Zim PH.

http://www.babwesafari.com/

He was the PH on the Trump hunt.

The thread was amended stating they do not have the quota but if somebody buys the hunt they will pay the reserve price to secure the quota.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
On a happier not there seems to be only 2 lions between nyakasanga and Sapi and neither of them sold and as far as we can see so far no "additional quota" has been issued for these two areas. Maybe all the noise on the AR and its following shock waves has bought about some sanity to Nyakasanga and sapi.

On a similar note a "hunter"from the States with a South African "PH" who arrived in Wankie for a ration hunt was turned away the other day as they were told that there will be no more hunting in the Park!! All steps in the right directions!

Excellent news!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
quote:

The US side of Babwe Safaris is owned by a guy named Robert Beasley from Florida.

http://www.corporationwiki.com...is-llc/66597571.aspx

I am pretty sure it is him posting the hunt on Africa Hunting forum.

Babwe Safaris in Africa is run by Dawie Van der Westhuizen. He is a Zim PH.

http://www.babwesafari.com/

He was the PH on the Trump hunt.

The thread was amended stating they do not have the quota but if somebody buys the hunt they will pay the reserve price to secure the quota.

Mike - I was hoping you would post this! tu2

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Folks - Standing up for what you believe in is not easy, sometimes you catch alot of flack for it, but doing the right thing - is always the most important thing.

"Evil prevails when good men do nothing"!

Buzz, thanks man - I hope this trend continues for you guys, and the wildlife of Nyakasanga.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Glad to see the crooks are being outed!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+!

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all those fighting to presevre and conserve the the game and wild areas that remain in Zimb.

Posts: 27 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike

Thanks very much for clarifying that Dawie Van der Westhuizen is a Zim Ph. Apologies to him and I guess I would have lost my last dollar!! I do not know him or his operation but as I have always said I am ok with the marketing of the auctions before hand by Zim operators so long as the clients know the risks involved with the auction system.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by martin pieters:
Thanks for that Buzz, I met that SA guy and his client at main camp, the SA guy was Morgan Harris, I had a long discussion and they ended up leaving, apparently the client gave the SA guy a few words of his own and ended up buying a tuskless in a proper area in the Valley.

Mart

BTW,

Morgan Harris is Colorado Buck's choice of PH when he hunts Gwayi and Hwange.

Very recently the following was removed from Lew Harris Safari's website (the link no longer works).

http://www.lhsafaris.com/huntr_colorado2008.html

Hunt Reports

Colorado Buck

ZIMBABWE 2008
Hunting Party: Colorado Buck , WWCB TV Show and the Outfitter TV Show
Safari Dates: Sept. 20 to Oct. 6 2008
PH's: Morgan Harris Trackers: Steve and Pilot
Hunting Area: Binga, Gwayi River and Hwange
Trophies Taken: Elephant, Hippo, Civet

Comments:

The most memorable Safari I have had to date, every aspect of the trip was covered all logistics from Flights arranged from and to Victoria Falls - the Food was very good and plentiful all accommodations were better than average and most comfortable- travel throughout Zimbabwe was with out events and connection and ( relationships ) with the locals provided a very comfortable environment.

I took an enormous 67 lb. Bull Elephant - one of the most memorable experiences of my life - I also took a very large Hippo and Civet I have no choice but to highly recommend both the Safari Outfitter "Lew Harris Safaris " there staff and there hunting blocks.

Sincerely,
Colorado Buck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"There" staff? "There" blocks? rotflmo

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
quote:
Originally posted by martin pieters:

Mart

BTW,

Morgan Harris is Colorado Buck's choice of PH when he hunts Gwayi and Hwange.

Very recently the following was removed from Lew Harris Safari's website (the link no longer works).

http://www.lhsafaris.com/huntr_colorado2008.html

Hunt Reports

Colorado Buck

ZIMBABWE 2008
Hunting Party: Colorado Buck , WWCB TV Show and the Outfitter TV Show
Safari Dates: Sept. 20 to Oct. 6 2008
PH's: Morgan Harris Trackers: Steve and Pilot
Hunting Area: Binga, Gwayi River and Hwange
Trophies Taken: Elephant, Hippo, Civet

Comments:

The most memorable Safari I have had to date, every aspect of the trip was covered all logistics from Flights arranged from and to Victoria Falls - the Food was very good and plentiful all accommodations were better than average and most comfortable- travel throughout Zimbabwe was with out events and connection and ( relationships ) with the locals provided a very comfortable environment.

I took an enormous 67 lb. Bull Elephant - one of the most memorable experiences of my life - I also took a very large Hippo and Civet I have no choice but to highly recommend both the Safari Outfitter "Lew Harris Safaris " there staff and there hunting blocks.

Sincerely,
Colorado Buck

Mike - As you know, he was also hunting with Bouna Safaris - in Nyakasanga not long ago too, as some of you others may remember as well.

Truth is, I don't know "Colorado Buck" at all. I seriously doubt he's a bad guy, or doesn't care about the situation in Zim/the wildlife. My guess is, he's like 90% of the general hunting public, simply un-informed to as to who's - who, what their really doing, and the real issues behind corruption and lack of concern for the wildlife/game management in Zim, etc. JMO.

Fact is guys, I deal with hunters/clients every single day - and I can tell you for certain that 99% of them are NOT near as educated as the average AR member. They simply have no idea what's really going on, who's leading them astray, what's legal/illegal, etc, etc, etc. They honestly have NO CLUE. Now, I don't mean that in a bad way - I don't expect them to know all of this stuff, its not their job. I don't know the law either, so when I need legal advice I seek a professional (Safari-Lawyer for example Smiler)

In fact, the boys from Lew Harris Safaris started contacting me sometime last year. Looking at/talking to them it was obvious something was wrong. But to be sure, I checked with another Zim - PH, who is also on AR and he confirmed my suspicions (stay away). My point is, we all can't know everyone/everything, but the more we as a hunting community can "get the word out" about the bad doings of others, the better chance we have of putting a stop to it. I for one have been pretty vocal in some circumstances, especially as it pertains to the LION, and believe you me - its not be easy all the time, especially when you consider I make a living in the hunting industry. But, if one doesn't stand up for what they believe, and what they think is right, then you have little room for complaints/opinions, but that's just my opinion.

I'm not sure any of that made sense, but its still early here in CO!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

tu2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37820 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
This is good news Smiler Keep on the good works tu2

Torbjørn

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After seeing a couple of Colorado Bucks' African hunts on TV, I will tell you that there is no way I would be in the same camp with him, let alone hunt with him.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

On a similar note a "hunter"from the States with a South African "PH" who arrived in Wankie for a ration hunt was turned away the other day as they were told that there will be no more hunting in the Park!! All steps in the right directions![/QUOTE]
------------------------------------------------

Excellent. We will fight on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sharpsguy:
After seeing a couple of Colorado Bucks' African hunts on TV, I will tell you that there is no way I would be in the same camp with him, let alone hunt with him.

I totally agree.
I have only seen a few you tube videos with him and that was plenty....

Seems to be that the good guys are starting to win in Zim when it comes to hunting, and that makes me very happySmiler

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote