THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Guess who came to the Rambouillet Game Fair this year

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guess who came to the Rambouillet Game Fair this year
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
It was a surprise for me to see PVT at the Rambouillet Game Fair (actually it's in Mantes-la-Jolie this year), but yes, there he was in booth C41. He looked like he needed help so I promptly blew up his mini-beer-keg, spraying beer all over the place. I still haven't figured out how that happened but I hope he'll forgive me.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wink, you really blew up his beer keg?
rotflmo
Wow, I'm looking at the horns on that buff in the photo behind him!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at the African Hunting Gazzette show in Calgary in January and he had a booth there as well. I had a long talk with him. I was very impressed with him and his outfit. He seemed very easy-going. Just a little pricey for me but I'm pretty sure it would be a great safari. Maybe next time!
Bill

Posts: 94 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 23 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Wink,

Please give Pierre my best regards.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68773 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Five safaris with the guy. Can't wait to go again.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Myself as well....fun hunt, good Buff.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Wink, you really blew up his beer keg?
rotflmo
Wow, I'm looking at the horns on that buff in the photo behind him!

Yes, I really did. It hadn't been tapped yet (there are only two pull taps to pull and twist) and I pulled the wrong one first. Sprayed beer all over me and his booth and bled the mega can of all its CO2. I now feel obligated to book a safari with him: Selous in July.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Wink,

Please give Pierre my best regards.

Saeed, I'll see him again before he leaves so you can count on it.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
This man is an old friend and we are members of the same gun club. I'm showing his picture because one day I think most of us will be using his invention: biodegradable shotgun wads. He's got his patents and production is under way. He and his partner are selling their shells under the name J.C. Shotwell (the J.C. are his initials, for Jerome Chiesa).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wasn't Mike there?

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Wasn't Mike there?

Nope, but he's in half the pictures in Pierre's photo albums.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Maybe he can explain to the French how he ended up with an accent aigu over the second "e" in his first name. Big Grin

Parle-t-il français?

Great idea on the wads, assuming that they work as well as those made of normal polymer. Good luck to the inventor. tu2

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13654 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I asked Pierr'e that question. He told me that that was just the way his mother wanted to spell it??

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I huntad 7 times with Pierre will go back this April

Posts: 8 | Location: Juntura Oregon | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Pierré's french seems a little basic to me, so I guess two years in Geneva wasn't the solution. He has assistance at the stand in the person of Pascale, who is a French woman who has hunted with him several times. I think Pierré's french gets better around certain women, but then so does mine.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Hi Wink,
That's because I am one heck of a shot. Smiler But to be honest, I have been humbled a few times also.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote