Notify
Tools

Just got some photo's
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
hi all,

Here are some photo's of a couple of my mounts. I was hoping that I would have a picture of the Eland shoulder mount but it is stil a work in progress.

This is my shield ofr the Piggie Fest.

I've asked that the brasss is rotated to the vertical before it is shipped as that is how I had envisaged it.

These are my Impala and my Bushbuck. to be honest I'm not sure how I feel about them, butI think that the ange and the shadows behind the horns don't help the pictures.

I just felt that they looked like they were struggling to stay awake!!!

Best regards,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the photo was taken first thing in the morning? jumping

Who's doing the taxidermy?

one of us
posted Hide Post
They are probably bored just hanging there...
Wink
Too be honest, I have a shoulder mount of a roe buck, and he looks real alert, and 'bright', like you'd expect from an antelope or deer.

I probably wouldn't have caught it myself, but now that you mentioned it...

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Maybe hanging a couple of femals near them may help.... Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really like your "Piggie Fest" shield. That's a great idea!

Regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
The two bucks look like they are giving the impression .................

"We are not amused."

Nice tusk shield. Very impressive.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I thought the lips looked a little pursed as well. Esp on the bushbuck - but maybe it's just the photo.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The "piggie fest" board is very nice. There is no doubt that these mounts were done in Africa.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
I like the piggie fest board.
The eyes do look sleepy. Don't tell me that is black paint on those horns Frowner

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
FB like the warthog ivory...Looks like you like pork!!!

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I just couldn't help myself!! Admittedly they aren't all particularly big, but it was a lot of fun. Due to the drought the Warthogs and Kudu were really suffering so we were asked to take anything that didn't have young. I was happy to oblige.

We saw some really big tuskers out there but they don't get big by being stupid...

I honestly tink I could go to RSA and just shoot warthogs for a week.

Rgds,
FB

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice trophies mate. The piggie board is a great display. Like you, I think warthogs are the most under-rated trophy in Africa.

The eyes ARE a little droopy on those mounts, have you raised this issue with the taxidermist?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I'm going to speak to the outfitter and see what he thinks.

FB

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I've gotta say that pig shield is absolutely incredible! - it'll bring a smile to your face every time you look at it for years to come.

Like Boghossian, I also think the warthog deserves a lot more recognition..... just think how tough and scary an animal it would be if it were as big as a hippo.......

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
When I was much younger, I thought, "Who'd want to go to Africa just to shoot a pig?" As I've matured my attitude has done a 180 turn and definitely want one, or two, or three, or...
Your shield really is an outstanding idea. thumb

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Prof,

The question is will I manage to fill a bigger shield in Argentina next month??? Wink

FB

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Fallow buck

With the number of warthogs you took, you sure you don't have some Spanish blood?

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely, NitroX, it's amazing how mich we lite to shoot warthogs...!

I do like very much the shield with the tusks, Fallow Deer. The spent cartridges beside each set of tusks looks cool.

Now that you mention it, you are probably right, both the impala and the bushbuck look as if they had jus t got up from siesta. Big Grin

Best regards,
and thanks for sharing.
Montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depending on what material was used to set the eyes (clay,epoxy) they may be able to adjust them to where they don't look sleepy. I have had to adjust eyes just like these alot. People bring them to me after someone else messed them up.

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys,

Nitrox, that is exactly what the PH said to me!! In fact on the lats day my dad rang, and Dennie got on the phone. He asked my dad if he was sure he was Greek and not Spanish!!

FB