THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Any of these fantastic rifles to Africa yet? (Video)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any of these fantastic rifles to Africa yet? (Video)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Right click then "Save as"

http://www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/movies/weltpatent.mov

This must be one of the nicest rifles out there. Would love to know if any of these have been to Africa yet and how did they perform? Smiler

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Well at least theryr price is nice, Saeed have you thought about having walther play aroundone with one of those rifle?

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I know these are not well recieved on this forum but after seeing and handling one several years ago at Reno I have great respect for them. Beautiful workmanship on the ones I looked at and the actions were as smooth as ANY bolt action I have ever handled period. They were even attractive in a different sort of way. Except for the price I would definitely be interested in one. Would really have no qualms about using one in Africa personally. I'm probably a majority of one though. A 375 would be nice.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting concept but after shaking hands with Rory Gallatly that had his thumb blown off by the prototype rifle for this thing I'd be a little leary of it. You see they made Rory's forefinger into a thumb of sorts and it feels very strange when shaking his hand.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13001 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Strictly a gee-whizz engineering exercise, a curio/relic with no practical application. This thing saddles a double rifle with all of the crippling disadvantages of the bolt rifle, and introduces no redeeming virtues of it's own. Utterly useless.
------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I couldn't view the video, probably don't have the right software, but if you are talking about those bolt action double barrel rifles I have handled one. It weighed, I thought, far too much to be much fun in the bush.

400 Nitro Express, I would like to know what the "crippling disadvantages of the bolt rife" might be however. And to think I've walked around in wild Africa with only a bolt rifle on several occasions!

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They look beautiful -- well, everything other than the bolt action double gun... can't say I've ever been a fan of the "price on request" bit. It just seems like it's a way to waste everyones time.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
It's an enginereing feat,no question about it but it wasn't needed,or even an improvement over a good break-top double rifle, and cost more!

In the case of the shortcomings found in a bolt rifle, this has them all! The extra weight of the action with two bolts, six rounds in the rifle, the extra 10" of length in the overall length of the rifle,because of the action length, with shorter barrels, and to top this off they made the damn thing in a push feed action,and finally, If either side pulls a jam, you are out of business with the whole rifle!

This particular specimen, is far trimmer than the older prototypes I've handled, but I would far rather have a regular CRF bolt rifle, in a buffalo fight, than this thing. It is my opinion, one is a fool if he goes into the bush, to ferret out a wounded buffalo, or lion, with a standard pushfeed bolt rifle, of any type, if he has the choice of owning a CRF bolt rifle. In any case, I'd much rather have a conventional double rifle with a proper chambering for that purpose, than ANY bolt rifle, and especially more than a PF,bolt action clip fed, double rifle that is 10" longer with the same barrel length!

The choice is with the individual, whether he uses a single shot, PF bolt, or CRF bolt, or even a PF bolt double rifle. but since it "IS" choice, mine will remain with a conventional double rifle, as top choice! I, too, have walked around Africa, and Alaska with a bolt rifle in hand, and I've made to 70 yrs of age, to let cancer kill me. However, since it is choice, make your's then live with the result, I have!! I don't think you'll see many of these in Africa, or anyplace else! Just too wierd!beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote