THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Back from the Eastern Cape - photos online!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back from the Eastern Cape - photos online!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Mark in SC
posted
Holly and I are home again after a wonderful 21 day trip to the Eastern Cape. We hunted for 10 days with our PH friend, Darren Baker of Coenraad Vermaak Safaris in three areas of the Eastern Cape. The rest of the time we were sightseeing and relaxing in East London and Port Elizabeth.

Photos and a description of the hunt are online at the SCI Low Country Chapter website.

NRA, GOA, & SCI Life Member
www.scilowcountry.org

Posts: 692 | Location: South Carolina Lowcountry | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Great link to great recaps and pics.

It is great that you shared those experiences with your wife!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mark and Holly, looks like you had another great trip to Africa...All pics super...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Wonderful

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
Wow, nice presentation...

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
Wow, beautiful animals!! Congrats!

riodot

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
What wonderful photos and memories. I know you both had a great time in the Eastern Cape.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Rehbok!

Posts: 116 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wasn't it Blue Duiker you hunted at Kikuyu not Natal Red. It was good to see the lodge at Kikuyu with the sod in place and growing nicely. I hunted and stayed there in Oct of 01 and I was the 8th hunter to use the facalities. Now that you have hunted the Blue Duiker you know why (in my opinion) they are one great trophy and taking a female is not a bad thing as sexing them is just about well it is impossible prior to the kill. I also took a nice Cape Bushbuck and a very nice Cape Grysbok on that property.

I hope to get my other Grysbok - Sharpes in Sept in Zim.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Really nice trophies, Mark! Looks like you both were in some beautiful places. I enjoyed all of the photos.

~Ann

Posts: 19555 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Looks like you had an absolutely lovely trip Smiler

Thanks for taking the time to share it with us all. My best to you and Holly!

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great hunt! I envy you those trophies. That`s for sure!
I have thought of hunting the Eastern Cape myself. Cape grysbok, vhal rhebok and the cape bushbuck is indeed fine animals! Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Very nice Mark. Thanks for sharing. You guys got some really nice animals. The Cape Bushbuck is really COOL!!

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Glad you had a great hunt and a super holiday. I love reports like yours because it shows the deversity of hunting in RSA. We've had great hunting there and am booked again. You need to look beyond the kudu, zebra, warthog etc. to see what is really available and not behind any high fence. I love the South African experince.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13012 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mark in SC
posted Hide Post
Thanks Die Ou Jagter, you're right, I've corrected the typo!

Kikuyu Lodge is truly a first-class operation. The Managers and the head PH were terrific people. Thankfully the PH loaned me his .22 Hornet to shoot my Cape Grysbok. I took my .300 Jarrett and a .30/06 for backup. Either one of them would probably have turned the Grysbok inside out.

At about 40 yards, the .22 Hornet only made a tiny hole going in and didn't exit. I'm going to mount it life size, just like the one I photographed in the Lodge.

www.scilowcountry.org

Posts: 692 | Location: South Carolina Lowcountry | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Great report and nice trophies, Mark. The areas you hunted truly are unique because of their flora, fauna and history! Molteno was a fun stop for us and great mountain hunting! Reminded me of New Mexico or west Texas!

By the way, I hunted the Save Valley on a block owned by some South Carolinians last month. Warm and very gracious people, they were perfect hosts, as most southerners are!
What impressed me the most was the conservation efforts they extended to create an African paradise out of an old cattle ranch. If you know the Schenk's, tell them hello for me when they get back home!

Again, excellent hunt! The Vaal Rheebuk is one of my favorite South African animals!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, who is managing the property now? I shot my Grysbok with my 338 with x's (by mistake wanted to use solids) but the exit hole was not much bigger than the entry hole. I think the little guys don't make them open. I shot my Blue Duiker with 16ga. buck.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mark in SC
posted Hide Post
A husband and wife team are the Lodge Managers. I only met the husband very briefly, but his wife is a charming blonde lady who was very pleasant and hospitable; unfortunately I don't remember her name. We were not guests at Kikuyu Lodge, we drove there in the morning to hunt and returned to the Kat River Lodge at night.

www.scilowcountry.org

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Having to use dial up $ucks with a web page that has 170 images.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote