New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI Share the Impact initiative
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If this not acceptable to post, I apologize in advance.

It should come as no surprise that the hunting industry is in trouble as a result of the virus. SCI has undertaken the above referenced initiative to raise money for those in need. Of the money raised,100% is going to those in need . SCI keeps nothing .

An on line auction is taking place . It ends August 22. There will be two additional dates where more items are made available for auction.

There are some really interesting things being auctioned . Let me name a few:

1- A hog hunt at my place with Ivan Carter.

2- A reception with the now retired Green Berets who were the subject of the 12 Strong movie.

3- A two day range session with a retired Delta Force operator. Some pretty wild thing will be available. For example, shoot in a kill house complete with flash bangs.

There is a lot of great stuff being auctioned . It is going to a great cause . Without help, many of these outfitters will be out of business .

Please take a look and consider participating.

https://www.onlinehuntingaucti...efit-Auction_as66784

Thanks!

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Larry,
I just received notice email from SCI yesterday.

I think this is a VERY POSITIVE program initiated by SCI to assist troubled outfitters. Sadly I think there may be many suffering after this Virus... which may also curtail anti-poaching and the poachers will move in ??

Thank you for your very generous donation. That will be a very interesting and delightful experience with you and Ivan Carter!!

I will be bidding!! I like the fishing trip for Goliath Groupers too!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Here’s some additional information on the program:

https://contentsharing.net/act...7OKjARwLV46f-vAd0ZD2

It is a charity event with all proceeds going to the outfitters...

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
It’s refreshing to see SCI focusing on something other than their silly circles. And thank you to Larry for some great donations.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
It’s refreshing to see SCI focusing on something other than their silly circles. And thank you to Larry for some great donations.

+1

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
How are they going to determine who is "in need?"

As far as I know every single outfitter and professional hunter out there is suffering.

What criteria are they going to use who to give priority to?

I hope it is not going to be one of those silly SCI brain farts where they give the money to whoever has given them "donated" hunts!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

They have identified some hunting associations they are going to support. Not sure just how they did it .

If this is successful, they will have round 2 with different beneficiaries .

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Will be interesting to see who.

Would have been even better if they had stated who they are collecting money for.

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
https://safariclub.org/sharetheimpact/

Half way down the page lists the professional associations that will be managing the distribution of funds:

POGA
PHASA
APTCE
OPHAA
CFOA
NVPHGA
APHA

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed:

Let me say this . I was working on a way for me personally to raise money for those in need. A friend of mine who is an SCI chapter President got word of my project . As a result, I got recruited to work on the SCI committee.

I have been alert for the slightest hint of anything that was not correct. I have been favorably impressed with the work of this group. There is not the slightest hint of anything inappropriate.

The only issue I have noted is typos in the descriptions of the items to be auctioned.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Saeed:

Let me say this . I was working on a way for me personally to raise money for those in need. A friend of mine who is an SCI chapter President got word of my project . As a result, I got recruited to work on the SCI committee.

I have been alert for the slightest hint of anything that was not correct. I have been favorably impressed with the work of this group. There is not the slightest hint of anything inappropriate.

The only issue I have noted is typos in the descriptions of the items to be auctioned.

Larry,

You have my highest respect, no doubt about that.

May be the group of individuals you are working with are as honest and straight forward as yourself, and I wish you all the best of success.

The thing which always pops up in my mind is that any mention of SCI normally leads to something we as hunters are not too proud of.

Best of luck, and I hope those in charge at SCI leave this to your group to deal with.

The ones at the top, though, I have no confidence in.

All due to their past performance.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Larry, anything will help.

No one knows yet the full economic impact of CV-19 on the hunting industries in Namibia, Botswana, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and South Africa, but something in the range of $150 - $200 million USD is a good stab for 2020. It has devastated the industry.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Saeed:

Larry,

You have my highest respect, no doubt about that.

May be the group of individuals you are working with are as honest and straight forward as yourself, and I wish you all the best of success.

The thing which always pops up in my mind is that any mention of SCI normally leads to something we as hunters are not too proud of.

Best of luck, and I hope those in charge at SCI leave this to your group to deal with.

The ones at the top, though, I have no confidence in.

All due to their past performance.

Thank you sir.

I get your concerns totally. I have to give them credit on this one though. it is the first time EVER that SCI hasn't taken a cut.

Changes are being made and changes for the better. I will agree that it will take a lot of change to make up for past actions or lack thereof.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
It is my observation and opinion that there have been SIGNIFICANT Changes at the TOP of SCI and if you watch closely, we are beginning to see good things happening as a result.
I believe that we need to be supportive of the organization that was the ONLY organization to highlight and focus on international hunting destinations and the associated challenges, until DSC got spooled up to join the effort, which I also applaud.
YES, there have been warts and issues, I understand that....but for the most GOOD!! Many seem critical of the many awards programs in SCI...from my perspective, these are predominately FUND RAISING EFFORTS, pure and simple...
If it weren't for SCI and now DSC....we probably wouldn't be hunting in Africa today.
I really applaud this latest effort to assist Outfitters, and in Africa I agree that anti-poaching is a high priority as well.
Thank you Larry for your leadership and your contributions to this program.

470EDDY

Posts: 2674 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Thank you for doing what your are doing to help our hunting operator friends that are in need.

However, there are still the small village people who are also sufferings, because they are not working in these trying time. These are the camp workers, skinners, cooks and trackers and others who make a camp successful.

I am working with a PH that I have hunted with in South Africa to help out a small village that my wife was asking me how they are doing. So called I checked with a PH I have hunted with and we are working with other hunters who have stayed and hunted the area to see if we can help them out. The head villager was the lead tracker and he died a year or so back leaving a wife and children, therefore my wife and I thought we need to see what we can do to help them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Larry, there are some really great hunts here. I’m sure I will be bidding.

Posts: 59 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 10 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
100% to the cause is quite impressive. Nothing is free to run or put together.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are multiple volunteers working on it . There are at least 2 SCI employees working on it.

The situation is serious . SCI is doing a good thing . Hopefully this is successful and they can move on to round 2.

I don’t see how I can replicate the things I have obtained for this auction. I’ll try though .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry Shores has always been a big supporter of the hunting industry, and the NRA too.

Thanks for your efforts as always pal!!tu2

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Larry Shores has always been a big supporter of the hunting industry, and the NRA too.

Thanks for your efforts as always pal!!tu2

+ 1

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

There are some really good items up for auction. Please tale a look and consider bidding.

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Great work Larry. Bidding now.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a good thing, I am convinced that 100% of funds raised will go to those in need, and a lot of money has already been raised for this project. If you take time to look, you’ll see that Larry (William Shores) is (or was) the high bid on several items, that says a lot to me, I’m sure he gets nothing for his time and effort (and as a friend I’m aware of a lot of the effort put forth to make this happen). I think it’s a good project and I’ve placed a couple of bids, and will place a few more before the close. ALL of it goes to our outfitter friends.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Awesome as things are fairly dire for us operators.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Awesome as things are fairly dire for us operators.

Ya...very sorry to hear it my friend! We all are hoping it breaks loose soon...this sucks for everyone.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The auction is within 3 days of the close. Please take a look and consider bidding .

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
99 items were auctioned off and overall, it seems a fair amount of money was raised for a worthy cause. I was lucky enough to win one of the items Larry donated. Hopefully the part 2 auction will occur and more money will be raised.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was able to buy one of Larry’s donations, too. By adding up the “sold” figures on the auction website, I came up with a bit over $209,000. That should help quite a bit.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
JDollar...CONGRATULATIONS!! I was going after two of Larry's offerings.... got beat!! Actually got distracted at the end!!
Really great program for our outfitters!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I bid on a few items.

However I was not watching the closing time and I was out bid in the last few minutes.

Karl, I was not positive on the firearms and how you would receive them. so I did not bid on the Montana Rifle or the shotgun.

I guess it was my fault for not asking earlier

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
I was able to buy one of Larry’s donations, too. By adding up the “sold” figures on the auction website, I came up with a bit over $209,000. That should help quite a bit.

Amazing and well done Larry!

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
The auction is within 3 days of the close. Please take a look and consider bidding .

Commendable job Larry.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

+ 1

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+2

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Credit where credit is due. Larry’s donations alone brought in over $22,000. Now that is really something! tu2 salute

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
All of you did a very good job.

Larry has stepped up for everything.

He has never asked for anything in return, but I do wonder if an AR Hat signed by both Saeed and MS would raise money.

I am good at $150 if it ever happens.

I want proceeds to go to bird boys, but they will just buy Quilmes

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
It could almost be like Ernest or Mr. Yeats' hat.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
All of you did a very good job.

Larry has stepped up for everything.

He has never asked for anything in return, but I do wonder if an AR Hat signed by both Saeed and MS would raise money.

I am good at $150 if it ever happens.

I want proceeds to go to bird boys, but they will just buy Quilmes

How about a signed photo of Walter with the buffalo?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

The official word is that about $550,000 was raised . Of this amount , $250,000 came from a charitable fund related to SCI.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:
quote:

+ 1

+ 2!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote