Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting CAR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SkinAfrika Consulting
posted
Anybody have info on hunting CAR .I believe the security situation is not that good.I won't like to send prospective hunters there if it is bad.
Anybody has info on hunting the Congo? I believe it is a very good destination but dont know if hunting is legal.Maybe advice on Outfitters operating there.
Thanx for help.

Theo Blignaut
Skype theo.blignaut1
Skype phone +27127435304
Nalie Smit
+27766183354
e mail:naliesmit@gmail.com
www.skinafrika.com
E mail theo@skinafrika.com
Hunts available in Berkino Faso, South Africa,Namibia,Mozambique,Zimbabwe,Tanzania,CAR,Cameroon,DRC,Kyrgystan,Kajikistan,New Zeeland

Posts: 198 | Location: Ukraine/South Africa | Registered: 22 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NorthernOperationsAfrica
posted Hide Post
things in CAR are a bit uneasy at the moment but it will not be long lived and things should settle down fairly soon.
your options are CAR, Cameroon or Congo Brazzaville.

Depending on the species wanted.
CAR has a few unique species.
Lewels Hartebeest
Central African Savannah Buffalo
And they have the better Lord Derby Eland.

The Best season for Lord Derby Eland is January-early April they are in full mating glory with long hair on their necks and shoulders, big tufts on their noses and long "dealabs" (the skin hanging below their necks)
Its during this time that they make the beat trophies.
For that reason our CAR season for 2013 is already over and we were not affected by the problems there.
we are hoping the issues will be over long before the start of the 2014 season. judging by the latest news the unrest will not last to long.

If they are looking for
Bongo
Dwarf forest buffalo
Duikers

Then Cameroon is a better option and our season there has not started yet.
We also do hunts in Congo Brazzaville. It is our first season there.

The person to contact would be
Dave Rademeyer
dave@northernoperationsafrica.com

or Maria
maria@northernoperationsafrica.com

and here is a link to a hunt report from our 2013 season in CAR
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4391027681

hope this helps you.

The Classic Spiral-Horned Collectors.

www.northernoperationsafrica.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any one know why the other threads on the matter were removed? Did I miss something?

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
things in CAR are a bit uneasy at the moment but it will not be long lived and things should settle down fairly soon.

Let's certainly hope so! I don't like the current trend of losing African countries to hunting rather than gaining the same.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
To describe the present situation there as "uneasy" would be somewhat of an oversimplification. 6 South African soldiers were killed this last weekend in the rebel takeover, 2 Indian nationals were killed by the French army yesterday. The Indians were being shot at by the rebels and driving as fast as possible to the airport, held by the French army, probably assuming they could get shelter there. They ignored the French army warning shots and were then shot by the French. The French government has expressed their regrets to the Indian government. My firm has two experts stuck in Bangui, keeping their heads down in center city hotel. With no electricity in Bangui, their cellphones discharged, we can no longer contact them and they cannot contact us.

I lived through one coup d'état in Bangui and I can assure that the return to "normal" this time is going to take longer.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Any one know why the other threads on the matter were removed? Did I miss something?

I moved that thread to the Political Forum, as it all concerns the change of government, not hunting.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed. That makes sense.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
To describe the present situation there as "uneasy" would be somewhat of an oversimplification. 6 South African soldiers were killed this last weekend in the rebel takeover, 2 Indian nationals were killed by the French army yesterday. The Indians were being shot at by the rebels and driving as fast as possible to the airport, held by the French army, probably assuming they could get shelter there. They ignored the French army warning shots and were then shot by the French. The French government has expressed their regrets to the Indian government. My firm has two experts stuck in Bangui, keeping their heads down in center city hotel. With no electricity in Bangui, their cellphones discharged, we can no longer contact them and they cannot contact us.

I lived through one coup d'état in Bangui and I can assure that the return to "normal" this time is going to take longer.

Amen to that Wink. the situation is Very FAR FROM UNEASY. THE REBELS NOW CONTROL BANGUI and RSA seems RATHER pissed about their dead peacekeepers. i distinctly recall several outfitters stating here a month or so ago that things were settling down and should be good to go shortly. only if your life insurance is paid up... hunting in an active war zone is a non-starter

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Government is force and we should only accept the minimum of it that is consistent with essential individual freedoms.

But in Africa, it's all too often a case of meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Godspeed and protection to your colleagues, Wink.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The French Army has secured the airport, getting to it is another matter.

http://world.time.com/2013/03/...s-looted-after-coup/

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I lived in Central Africa from 1977 to 1980, during the Rise to the Fall of the Central African Empire, as a Peace Corps Volunteer. About half that time was spent in bush towns like N'délé, Bouar and M'baiki.

Right now I feel very sorry for the people of this failed state country, for the animals and for some of my old friends. Things don't look good at all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03...ntralafricanrepublic

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Just got this from a friend:

Just had a quick call with a friend in Bangui-widespread rapes of old and young women, gun shots, massive pillaging of homes, cars, motos. Djotodia, as a self-proclaimed leader is now fracturing the fractured Seleka alliance, so expect more attacks on Bangui as others still upcountry come in to contest the throne, The French military are protecting the Pres Palace in Bangui so Djotidia, the non-agreed leader, cannot take up residence, and they control the airport so French nationals can leave. The S Afr troops are also at the airport. The Seleka have made it to Nola, ransacking, firing guns, etc, and are on their way toward Bayanga and Bozizis residence on the Yobe. They may be in Bayanga by tonight., Many people have been killed or wounded, the hospital in Bangui is closed and pillaged, Bangui has been 5 days w/o water, electricity roafds are blocked and if one goes out, they get shook down and watches, phones, money stolen. Apparently Seleka includes a mixed group trom Chad, Sudan, Niger, reported as mercenaries all looking for loot for their efforts. Car/trucks are the major prize. A telephone tree has been established and my friend in Bangui has been in touch with another in Nola and have call an eco-guard in Bayanga to let them know to be prepared for the Seleka arrival very soon.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
And this from another contact:

Among my major fears with this coup in Bangui is that there has been a modicum of support from the Bozizi govt to mount a defense, financially supported by WWF, against the roving bands of up to 300 Janjaweed roaming between Sudan, Chad, Cameroon and CAR massacring the last of the elephants of Central Africa. These are the same Sudanese poachers who hunted with spears from horseback, as depicted in JL Temporal’s beautiful book, Le Chasse Oublie. Many of these horsemen are now a part of the army of N Sudan and have replaced the spears with rocket launchers, AK, etc. Some of the poachers killed in Chad actually had Sudan Army leave papers! The numbers of eles left in their wake include the 3-400 in Bouban-Njida, N Cameroon last year, thousands in Zemongo, and up to 100 in Ngotto. They have been trying to get the Dzanga-Sangha, the last stronghold of forest elephants in CAR and have failed 3 years in a row as we have been able to mobilize military, E+F and other forces to turn them back. ECCAS just meet in AYaounde in an emergency session and agreed to mount a force of 1000 military in an international force to counter this annual incursion that flails at both natural resources and national sovereignty and security.

Bozizi was a friend of DS and build a 2nd home north of the reserve. The Seleka have moved west to loot and plunder, but also to be sure no one is hold up in this home-they may take a side trip to DZ and loot project infrastructure and perhaps even poach themselves. We are waiting. The WWF office in Bangui was pillaged, and all staff are out of the country, so it is a free for all..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at the bright side. I will bet the hunts are cheap. Wink

No way in hell I would set foot in that hell hole. I feel bad for the average person there who just wants to live a safe normal life.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
There has been virtually no reportage on this by the major US media. I fear that with the French so occupied and extended in Mali, this can only get worse.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13625 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
things where very bad for a while but look to be improving according to Rueters

http://ewn.co.za/2013/03/28/Po...ral-African-Republic

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
improving??? that's what several outfitters posted here 6 weeks ago when the topic arose about safety in that area. "we expect to be back hunting soon". if this is improving, i would hate to be hunting if it was deteriorating

One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Jdollar, 6 weeks ago they signed a peace agreement, so based on that i too said it was an improvement, so if you think that was not improvement on what the situation was, then I don't know what you would classify as improvement? Since then I have guided some clients to very succeessful hunts and left. I bet if you ask those clients whether they were happy to have gone and hunted, they would probably say yes. What is happening now is different to what was happening 6 weeks ago. We would not be telling anyone to come now. Believe it or not? I too don't want to die.

Cheers for now
T

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thierry Labat:

Believe it or not? I too don't want to die.

Cheers for now
T

For a +55 LDE hmm maybe

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
In Africa there are historical precedents for mandating the administration of a country by another country. South Africa was given the mandate by the League of Nations to administer South West Africa after WWI, the UK was given a mandate under the League of Nations to administer Tanganyika, and the UK was given a mandate to administer Eritrea by the UN after WWII.

I think the Central African Republic is a country for which a mandate to administer should be given to another nation. You would need to have a some country volunteer for this of course. UN multinational peacekeeping missions (like MINURCA) are notoriously worthless in securing peace and have no role in administration.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jdollar, 6 weeks ago they signed a peace agreement, so based on that i too said it was an improvement, so if you think that was not improvement on what the situation was, then I don't know what you would classify as improvement? Since then I have guided some clients to very succeessful hunts and left. I bet if you ask those clients whether they were happy to have gone and hunted, they would probably say yes. What is happening now is different to what was happening 6 weeks ago. We would not be telling anyone to come now. Believe it or not? I too don't want to die.

Cheers for now
T

Well said Thierry.
please can you stop sending photos of those huge Tuna you catching its not fair.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know most of the CAR people in the missionary organizations have fled to Cameroon where a friend of mine is hosting them.
I have very good contacts in Congo (Brazzaville) to set up hunting concessions there as the Director of "Eau and Foret" has been to the USA twice in the last two years as my guest. They are not ready for prime time, but it is the time to get in on the ground floor if an operator is ready and willing.
Feel free to PM me, but I am heading off for a pig hunt and not back for 24 hours, till Friday USA time.
Camshaft

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SkinAfrika Consulting
posted Hide Post
Hunters I have an excellent outfitter in Congo please contact me and i will send you the information.Great bongo and yellow back duiker available.Operating since 2011.Legal and fully licensed PH from Namibia.

Theo Blignaut
Skype theo.blignaut1
Skype phone +27127435304
Nalie Smit
+27766183354
e mail:naliesmit@gmail.com
www.skinafrika.com
E mail theo@skinafrika.com
Hunts available in Berkino Faso, South Africa,Namibia,Mozambique,Zimbabwe,Tanzania,CAR,Cameroon,DRC,Kyrgystan,Kajikistan,New Zeeland

Posts: 198 | Location: Ukraine/South Africa | Registered: 22 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this Wink...I wish your colleagues only the best...prayers sent!

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cheers for now
T

since things are obviously changing on a weekly/ monthly basis, do you think is is a good idea to put down a deposit and book a hunt for next month?

One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
It's too late to be hunting in a months time in CAR for most things, so no I wouldn't put a deposit down for next month. But I would put one down for next year or the year after.....how did you think I was going to answer you by the way?

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote