THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    British Airways the crap we have to put up with..

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

British Airways the crap we have to put up with..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I want to share a communique I just received from the Addis Ababa office. This is about another bow hunter coming for Mt. Nyala.

" Adrian's bags never showed up (last Monday night) on BA and they kept telling us next flight. On Thursday we went to Munessa to set up blinds etc expecting the bags (with the bows and everything) to arrive then be sent down by car. The bags never arrived in Addis and nobody could track them down here or in London. Adrian decided to fly back to London yesterday night on ET. He found the bags and flies back tonight. Arrives early tomorrow morning and we drive back to Munessa right away. At least we set up a great blind and by now the animals should be used to it."

You'll notice a very proactive (and expensive) stance on the clients part and a "let's make the most of it" on the PH's part. Really..to have to fly to London to find your luggage. And I'll bet BA doesn't reimburse him either!
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried booking a flight with BA this spring but they kept putting off confirming my rifle -and I mean weeks!

So I went with Air France instead which was also a mistake but that´s a different story.

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
It just seems to get worse and worse every year. Let's pool our money and start our own AR Airlines, based out of Dubai.

One of Us
Picture of Dr. Tim Burkhart
posted Hide Post
Actually it isn't a bad idea. A fractional ownership on a gulfstream or two could work out.

If we register them from Dubai I am sure it would turn heads, especially if we put some Royal Arab Family markings on the plane. The US, EU and most African countries would roll out the red carpet.

We certainly would not base the planes out of the UK, EU or Canada. Are there anymore freedom thinking places left in the world?

Maybe we should talk to Air China. They will do anything for a buck.

TJB

Posts: 166 | Location: Caledonia, Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2006Reply With Quote