Notify
Tools

Leopard caught off guard
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
https://youtu.be/X9p56wSzsPA

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Leopard got let off lightly.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine who is involved in the industry said once they thought all the photo tourism was taking the “wild” out of the animals due to the constant interaction between people. It’s lowering their awareness due to a perceived lack of threat by the shutterbugs. Would this have happened without 3 land rovers idling in the background? Dunno.

One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
A friend of mine who is involved in the industry said once they thought all the photo tourism was taking the “wild” out of the animals due to the constant interaction between people. It’s lowering their awareness due to a perceived lack of threat by the shutterbugs. Would this have happened without 3 land rovers idling in the background? Dunno.

Agreed.

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 810 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Neither leopard or lion were really serious (other than seriously beautiful.) If Leo meant business, well...

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
That is one lucky leopard.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thought the same thing mate

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
quote:

They looked like pets. Pretty sad.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Another leopard caught off guard - while eating a farmer's goat in farm yard. Caught off guard with a 300 grain .458 Nosler PP at 2200 fps.

Never twitched - bullet was a perfect mushroom in sand under cat.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I was seriously surprised that the Leopard did not hear or know of the lion coming, even when he was at the base of the hill. Maybe pets for sure, or maybe staged each day at 1 pm for the photo bugs by their respective trainers. rotflmo If would have been funnier if the lion had subsequently jumped in one vehicle full of the photo freaks and the leopard in another. rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
quote:

They looked like pets. Pretty sad.

Not really they just treat cars as moveable rocks. They hunt around cars why you see some cool footage out of Krueger.

If you don’t hunt out trucks even in conservancies like the Save the animals don’t run on first sight. Hunting makes animals far more jumpy.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
If you don’t hunt out trucks even in conservancies like the Save the animals don’t run on first sight. Hunting makes animals far more jumpy.

Mike

I have seen this many times driving the back roads in South Dakota with coyotes. Keep moving and they just watch you go on by. Hit the brakes and they are gone like the wind.

Posts: 793 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I was seriously surprised that the Leopard did not hear or know of the lion coming, even when he was at the base of the hill. Maybe pets for sure, or maybe staged each day at 1 pm for the photo bugs by their respective trainers. rotflmo If would have been funnier if the lion had subsequently jumped in one vehicle full of the photo freaks and the leopard in another. rotflmo

Big Grin

DRSS

Posts: 1971 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote